Motorola Solutions Expands Portfolio of Mobile Computers for Hazardous Environments
This press release was issued by Motorola Solutions Enterprise business prior to its acquisition by Zebra Technologies on Oct. 27, 2014.
SCHAUMBURG, Ill. – Aug. 9, 2011 – Motorola Solutions, Inc.
(NYSE: MSI), a leading provider of mission-critical communication
products and services for enterprise and government customers, today
expanded its line of rugged mobile computers that help improve the
safety of users in hazardous locations (Haz-Loc).
Co-developed with BARTEC, one of the leading providers of products and services for hazardous environments worldwide, Motorola’s Haz-Loc-certified, rugged mobile computers are designed to meet the needs of a broad range of mobile workers in the manufacturing, government, petrochemical and pharmaceutical industries.
- The Motorola Haz-Loc-certified products for global use include
- Compact MC75A feature-rich enterprise mobile computer;
- Gun-style MC9190 mobile computer for scan-intensive applications; and
- Premium, industrial-class MC9500 mobile computer for field mobility.
- Motorola’s Haz-Loc-certified mobile computers are UL Class I, Class II and Class III, Division 2-compliant and are complemented by equivalently certified products available from BARTEC along with ATEX Zone 2- and Zone 22-compliant configurations. UL compliance is required for hazardous applications in North America, and ATEX Zone 2 is required within the European Union.
- Motorola will utilize green keypads to signify the Haz-Loc certification on its MC75A, MC9190 and MC9500 mobile computers.
Girish Rishi, corporate vice president and general manager of mobile computing, Motorola Solutions
Solutions is uniquely positioned to offer its business and government
customers a complete portfolio of innovative Haz-Loc-certified mobile
computers that meet the varying needs of mobile workers across the
Dr. Ralf Köster, CEO of the BARTEC Group
“We’re proud to be working with Motorola Solutions, the leader in rugged mobile computing, to provide feature-rich Haz-Loc-certified devices that will help improve the safety of workers throughout the enterprise while maintaining the rugged specifications they require.”
Website: Motorola Solutions Mobile Computers
Portal: Motorola Solutions Next Generation Enterprise Mobility
MOTOROLA, MOTO, MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC and are used under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2011 Motorola Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.