Motorola Solutions Expands Scanning Portfolio with New Innovative Imaging Solutions
This press release was issued by Motorola Solutions Enterprise business prior to its acquisition by Zebra Technologies on Oct. 27, 2014.
SCHAUMBURG, Ill. – Sept. 13, 2011 – Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI), a leading provider of mission-critical communication products and services for enterprise and government customers, today unveiled the compact DS457 fixed mount imager and sleek MK3000 micro kiosk, offering premium 1D and 2D scanning capabilities as well as the ability to read bar codes from mobile phones.
DS457 KEY FACTS
- With four models to choose from, the Motorola DS457 enables high-volume scanning on a wide variety of barcodes including 1D, 2D, traditional and mobile barcodes as well as high-density barcodes and direct part marks.
- At the retail point-of-sale (POS), the DS457-DL reads driver’s licenses effortlessly, enabling auto-population of credit and loyalty card applications, as well as easy and error-proof age verification. It can also be used by border security for scanning visas and driver’s licenses.
- The compact size of the DS457 is ideal for “zero footprint” type POS environments and can be mounted off the work surface to free up space on the counter.
- The DS457-HD is ideal for electronic manufacturers to ensure the right part is used at the right time on the production line and for pharmaceutical manufacturers who can track product as it is produced and packaged to meet track and trace regulations.
MK3000 KEY FACTS
- The MK3000 micro kiosk puts the power of self-service in the hands of the user, delivering an interactive and compelling customer experience in stores, hotels and airports or serving as a workforce management tool for employees.
- Delivering powerful customer and employee facing applications such as item look-up, item location, how-to tutorials, marketing promotions, digital signage, employee time clock and travel check in/out, the MK3000 can help increase customer satisfaction and boost revenue.
- The MK3000 enables retailers to enhance their multi-channel strategy, enabling customers to place orders online and pick up at the store through the micro kiosk. If customers cannot find merchandise in the store, they can use the MK3000 to check inventory in other stores, or place an order while still in the store.
- Motorola’s Total Enterprise Access and Mobility (TEAM) Express is available on the MK3000, enabling customers to use voice messages to request assistance and connect with the store associate in the right department for a specific product.
Both the DS457 and MK3000 are available with Motorola’s Service from the Start Advance Exchange Support programme, providing next-business-day device replacement and Comprehensive Coverage for normal wear and tear as well as accidental damage to internal and external components, eliminating unforeseen repair expenses.
Al Quinn, general manager of Advanced Data Capture, Motorola
“With the introduction of the DS457 and MK3000, Motorola Solutions is providing businesses with products utilising breakthrough digital imaging technology capable of high-volume, hands-free scanning of virtually any bar code on virtually any surface. As customers rapidly adopt mobile bar codes for tickets, boarding passes and loyalty cards, the DS457 and MK3000 work successfully with this next generation bar code to help organisations protect customer confidence and increase customer satisfaction and employee productivity.”
Website: Motorola Solutions Digital Imaging Data Capture Solutions
Portal: Motorola Solutions Next Generation Enterprise Mobility
MOTOROLA, MOTO, MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC and are used under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2011 Motorola Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.