This press release was issued by Motorola Solutions Enterprise business prior to its acquisition by Zebra Technologies on Oct. 27, 2014.
AP 6511 wall plate can be installed quickly to support mobile devices used in hospitality, health care and more
NEW YORK – April 27, 2012 – Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI), a leading provider of mission-critical communications solutions, won the Bronze award at the 2012 Edison Best New Product Awards for its innovative AP 6511 wall plate. The distinguished awards symbolize the persistence and excellence personified by Thomas Alva Edison, inspiring America’s drive to remain in the forefront of innovation, creativity and ingenuity in the global economy. The awards were presented at the Edison Awards Gala on April 26 in New York.
With the explosive growth in Wi-Fi-enabled devices, multi-dwelling unit operators need a wireless local area network (WLAN) solution suited for different environments. The design of the AP 6511 wall plate allows the WLAN to be installed in minutes in any location to support a range of mobile devices such as laptops, tablets and smartphones. Purposely designed for hotels, dormitories, apartment buildings and long-term care facilities, each AP uses existing CAT 5/6 cabling and covers multiple rooms with minimal site planning.
- The AP 6511 was designed to be installed in any location: plenum space, flush to a wall surface, or over a structured wiring telecom box. Its aesthetically appealing, modular form factor and “snap-on” installation help drive down deployment costs.
- The AP 6511 includes an intelligent self-optimizing Virtual Controller code, which allows a small property to gain the benefits of a central controller – automatic adoption, central configuration and status, and automatic RF management – without the cost of a dedicated RF switch.
- The AP 6511 makes it easy for multi-dwelling units to extend high speed 802.11 a/b/g/n Wi-Fi service with high performance coverage in every room despite high radio frequency and other obstructions.
- Motorola’s WiNG 5 architecture eliminates choke points faced by traditional hub-and-spoke architectures by using quality of service (QoS), mobility, dynamic RF management and security at the edge for mobile applications such as video and voice.
- The record number of nominees received for the 2012 Edison Awards were judged by more than 3,000 senior business executives and academics from across the nation whose votes acknowledge the finalists’ success in meeting the award criteria of concept, value, delivery and impact.
Imran Akbar, vice president and general manager, Enterprise Networks & Communications, Motorola Solutions
“Winning the Bronze at the 2012 Edison Awards is a significant achievement for everyone involved in creating and perfecting the AP 6511. Conventional access points simply weren’t designed for multi-dwelling units, but the Motorola solution was purposely built for fast, simple deployment and management, while providing high performance and coverage.”
Website: AP 6511 Wall Plate
Website: 2012 Edison Awards
MOTOROLA, MOTO, MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC and are used under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2012 Motorola Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.