This press release was issued by Motorola Solutions Enterprise business prior to its acquisition by Zebra Technologies on Oct. 27, 2014.
Functionality and ease of deployment put Motorola technology at the top of the list
SCHAUMBURG, Ill. – Nov. 1, 2012 –Motorola Solutions, Inc (NYSE: MSI) WiNG 5 wireless local area network (WLAN) solution outperformed Aruba Networks and Cisco systems in an independent lab evaluation. Tolly, the industry’s premier independent testing and strategic consulting organisation, tested the three competitors in several areas deemed critical in remote branch office environments. WLANs are increasingly becoming the default network of choice for many businesses. As voice, video and bring your own device (BYOD) traffic on WLANs increase, so does the need for a solution that is easily deployable and reliable.
Among the report’s key findings, the WiNG 5 solution delivered unique differentiation in the following areas in comparison to the other solutions tested:
- Eliminating the pre-staging of access points (APs) resulted in a deployment three times faster than Cisco and Aruba, leading to lower operating expenses by providing easier replacement and simplified procurement and stocking.
- Intelligence at the Edge enables APs to provide superior voice quality by making load balancing decisions at the remote branch, a critical element for voice over WLAN applications.
- 25% greater throughput than Cisco for business critical applications, efficient WAN link utilisation and true site survivability as a result of eliminating the need for any traffic to be sent back to a controller for any reason.
- Remote troubleshooting tools make it possible for IT departments to easily pinpoint issues without dispatching additional resources, thus lowering operating expenses and improving response and recovery time.
- Zero-touch AP provisioning provides the ability to provision hundreds or even thousands of APs resulting in less time spent configuring a WLAN and reducing the chance of human error.
- The Tolly Report analyzed each company’s WLAN solution including Motorola’s WiNG 5 utilising the NX9500.
Kevin Tolly, founder, Tolly Group
“When business applications are delivered wirelessly, the WLAN becomes a critical element of the branch infrastructure. Motorola Solutions’ end-to-end offering provides a better quality user experience while maintaining high levels of security, resiliency and ease of use.”
Imran Akbar, vice president and general manager, Enterprise Networks & Communications, Motorola Solutions
“The Tolly Report emphasizes Motorola Solutions’ commitment to our wireless customers. The WiNG 5 WLAN technology is best-in-class for distributing intelligence, managing network traffic and giving enterprise owners and their customers secure and reliable access to the network.”
Website:Motorola Wireless LAN Solutions Website:Motorola Retail Solution
Blog:Tolly Report Rates Motorola WiNG5 Ahead of Competing WLAN Solutions
MOTOROLA, MOTO, MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC and are used under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2012 Motorola Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.