This press release was issued by Motorola Solutions Enterprise business prior to its acquisition by Zebra Technologies on Oct. 27, 2014.
SCHAUMBURG, Ill. – Jan. 10, 2012 – Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI), a leading provider of mission-critical communication solutions and services for enterprise and government customers, will be showcasing its latest retail solutions and innovations in Booth 1702 at the NRF 101st Annual Convention & EXPO on Jan. 15-18, 2012 at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Centre in New York City.
In retail today, the shopper’s experience is everything, and the experience is a retailer’s biggest differentiator. Under the theme “The Experience is Everything,” Motorola, along with 25 partners, will be demonstrating innovative solutions that can help retailers anticipate shopper needs and desires, innovate to drive trips, orchestrate desired shopper behaviour, close sales, and inspire shopper loyalty and advocacy.
- Among the solutions featuring new products on display for the first time at NRF will be:
- Device Management for enterprise-issued devices and bring your own device (BYOD) instances utilising the new Mobility Services Platform (MSP) 4.0. The MSP 4.0 is a multi-operating system, agnostic management and security application that will enable enterprises to take control of mobile devices, smart phones and tablets to ensure employees comply with corporate IT policies while enabling productivity by allowing employees to choose their own devices.
- Mobile Bar Code Scanning featuring the new LI4278 linear imager. With the ability to read both mobile and traditional paper-based barcodes, the cordless LI4278 1D linear imager can be used for point of sale (POS), in-store inventory tracking, returns processing and loyalty card/digital couponing applications.
- Mobile Point of Sale (mPOS) for credit, debit, smart card and near field communication (NFC) contactless payments with Motorola’s new Bluetooth Mobile Payment Module. Motorola’s payment solution coupled with an ES400, MC55A0, MC65, MC75, MC9500 or ET1 provides retailers with flexible and secure payment transaction capabilities backed with leading technologies from VeriFone.
- Motorola also will showcase several recently introduced products including:
- ET1 tablet – Designed for applications such as assisted selling, mPOS, item locator and planogram management and compliance, the Android-based ET1 enterprise-class tablet features enhanced durability, data security, optional integrated bar code scanner and magnetic stripe reader, hot-swappable battery packs and secure system software.
- MC2100 – The lightweight and ergonomic, MC2100 addresses the needs of value-conscious enterprises for a smaller, rugged mobile computer and is ideal for inventory management, stock replenishment, price marking and shelf labelling applications.
- RhoElements – A state-of-the-art, web-based application framework designed to allow businesses to quickly and cost-effectively develop and deploy HTML5 applications on existing Motorola Windows Embedded Handheld and Windows Embedded Compact (Win-CE) mobile computers as well as the Android-based ET1.
On Monday, Jan. 16, 2012 at 2:15 p.m. on the Room Pavilion Stage in the Expo Hall, Eduardo Conrado, chief marketing officer, Motorola Solutions, and Bill Chidley, senior vice president of shopper sciences, Interbrand Design Forum, will present “Driving Shopper Loyalty through optimized store design and mobile technology.” This session will provide insights into the shopper’s frame of mind before, during and after the shopping experience and show how the proper store design and technology help drive loyalty and increase revenue while minimizing operational expenses.
Eduardo Conrado, senior vice president and chief marketing officer, Motorola Solutions
“With the many shopping options available today, retailers need to give shoppers a reason to choose their brand - and the strategic advantage they offer is the experience. At NRF 2012, Motorola Solutions will showcase the tools, support and insight that retailers need to create innovative and exciting ways to interact with their customers.”
Motorola NRF Website: Motorola Solutions NRF 2012
Website: Motorola Solutions Retail Solutions