This press release was issued by Motorola Solutions Enterprise business prior to its acquisition by Zebra Technologies on Oct. 27, 2014.
Beijing, December 3, 2012 – Motorola Solutions (NYSE: MSI), in cooperation with its partner Shanghai Flashtalk Co. Ltd., recently announced that it has helped Shanghai Normal Number Six Affiliated Primary School successfully deploy a wireless network solution based on its WiNG5 intelligent architecture. This solution not only effectively improves the school’s learning environment, it also helps to promote the launch of the ‘e-Schoolbag’ pilot scheme, which comes under the ‘Intelligent Pudong’ programme created as part of the twelfth five-year plan.
- As a representative for advanced teaching and research organisations in Pudong New Area, Shanghai Normal Number Six Affiliated Primary School’s achievements as part of the ‘Digital Schools’ programme have made it a model for other campuses. Being driven by the Programme qualification, Shanghai Normal Number Six Affiliated Primary School has planned an educational model combining rich multimedia channels with interactive online content. As a result, the school needs a robust wireless infrastructure to satisfy its demands, which they found in 802.11n wireless network solution from Motorola Solutions.
- Shanghai Normal Number Six Affiliated Primary School’s campus is largely made up of concrete and brick buildings and the layout is complicated. After a careful study, Motorola Solutions set up the tailor-made solutions with AP6521 access points and a RFS6000 wireless switch to carry out device management. As a result, ubiquitous high speed wireless network coverage is available in buildings and open spaces across the large campus.
- AP6521 from Motorola Solutions is a multi-purpose dual band access point that uses WiNG5. It can be used as a virtual controller to coordinate the operation of up to 24 nearby access points, reducing the cost of wireless network deployment for the school and also providing flexibility to choose either 2.4GHz or 5GHz based wireless network without changing WLAN infrastructure to meet the current and future requirement of schools The AP6521 has both internal and external antenna, and can be installed on either the ceiling or the wall, limiting the disturbance the school experiences during the installation process.
- More importantly, it meets the school’s strict requirements of network management and internet access privileges, by enforcing latest industry standards-based security policies over the network, including MAC addresses and fixed IP addresses. Every new computer or smart device that accesses the network must first be approved by the network administrator, ensuring the safety and stability of the network.
- RFS6000 wireless switch, which uses the WiNG distributed intelligent architecture, will provide an integrated voice, data and radio frequency management platform, along with unified configuration and management for all APs. This significantly improves the efficiency of business processes and meets the campus’ future network expansion requirements.
Chen Yaozhong, Project Leader, Shanghai Normal Number Six Affiliated Primary School
“As part of the ‘Intelligent Pudong, Digital Schools’ scheme, our school urgently needed to build a comprehensive wireless office network, in order to meet the requirements of modern education and promote the ‘e-Schoolbag’ pilot scheme. This convenient, reliable, secure, and easy to manage 802.11n wireless network solution from Motorola Solutions meets all our requirements. It has also inspired our teachers to take a more creative approach to education; multimedia teaching methods are becoming more and more prevalent, renewing our students’ passion for learning.”
James Cai, General Manager of Wireless Network Solutions, Motorola Solutions (China)
“We are delighted to be able to deploy this wireless network solution for a school with a history of more than a hundred years like Shanghai Normal Number Six Affiliated Primary School. Following the promotion of the ‘e-Schoolbag’ scheme, the demand for mobile internet access from primary and secondary schools that continue to use traditional teaching methods is increasing day by day. As a professional wireless radio provider, Motorola Solutions is well versed in wireless network deployment for the education market, as well as the requirements from schools in terms of high quality wireless networks. Now, at the peak of the twelfth five-year plan, Motorola Solutions will transfer its advanced technology and the deployment experience it has gained overseas to the Chinese market, in order to continue to promote the informatization of China’s industries.”
Motorola Solutions Celebrates its 25th Year in China in 2012
As one of the first multinational companies to establish its presence in China, Motorola Solutions has witnessed and actively participated in the country’s development over the years. We have a thorough understanding of the Chinese market and strong insights into the needs of our customers across key verticals including public safety, transportation, retail, healthcare, among others. We continue to deliver industry-leading technology solutions and services, directly and through our extensive channel network, to enable mission-critical communications in moments that matter. Motorola Solutions remains committed to the Chinese market and will continue to use our innovations to stimulate the informatization of both government and enterprises.
MOTOROLA, MOTO, MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC and are used under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2012 Motorola Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved