This press release was issued by Motorola Solutions Enterprise business prior to its acquisition by Zebra Technologies on Oct. 27, 2014.
SCHAUMBURG, Ill. – Aug. 9, 2012 – Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI), a leading provider of mission-critical communication solutions and services for enterprise and government customers, today introduced the new VC6090 vehicle-mount mobile computer to help improve the productivity and accuracy of warehouse and distribution operations by enabling voice, data and bar code scanning capability in a rugged, size-optimized mobile form factor.
- Motorola’s VC6090 vehicle-mount mobile computer provides the ideal form factor for tight-spaced lift trucks with an all-in-one design that maximizes space utilisation and minimizes driver obstruction.
- Integrated voice and data on the VC6090 mobile computer simplifies tasks for drivers and IT organisations and with Wi-Fi support, drivers can connect to any available wireless LAN (WLAN) inside an enterprise campus or when in range of access points.
- With an integrated keyboard with large keys for workers using gloves and an easy-to- read touchscreen display, the VC6090 mobile computer can be viewed and operated in most warehouse environments, resulting in improved decision-making and reduced errors.
- Motorola’s VC6090 vehicle-mounted mobile computer is available with the Service from the Start with Comprehensive Coverage programme, providing coverage for normal wear and tear as well as accidental damage to internal and external components, significantly reducing unforeseen repair expenses.
- Motorola offers a broad mobile computing portfolio -- from rugged mobile computers and vehicle-mount mobile computers to enterprise tablets and wearable computers -- to help mobilize organisations both indoors and out in the field.
Ismael Vicens, vice president of Distribution, Wacoal America
“We selected Motorola Solutions’ VC6090 vehicle-mount mobile computer for man-up stock pickers because of its small form factor, easy-to-read display and high performance that will help improve our warehouse operations.”
Joe White, senior director of enterprise mobile computing product management, Motorola Solutions
“Warehouse workers require rugged, user-friendly, ergonomic mobile computing solutions that improve productivity and operational efficiencies. Motorola Solutions continues to develop innovative, differentiated mobile technologies built to withstand the unique demands of an industrial environment.”
Website: Motorola Solutions Warehouse Management Solutions
Website: Motorola Solutions Mobile Computers
Portal: Motorola Solutions Next Generation Enterprise Mobility