This press release was issued by Motorola Solutions Enterprise business prior to its acquisition by Zebra Technologies on Oct. 27, 2014.
Motorola Solutions shows the next generation technologies that help build safer cities
SAN DIEGO (IACP, Motorola Solutions, Booth #2104) – Sept. 27, 2012 – Next generation technologies are transforming government and public safety organisations by allowing them to collect the information flowing between citizens, responders and agencies, make it actionable and securely distribute it across mission-critical devices and easy-to-manage networks.
It’s the technology and expertise that turn noise into information, information into intelligence, and intelligence into safety. And it’s how to do the absolute most with less – building safer cities, counties and states, and communities that thrive.
At the International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP) Conference and Exposition 2012, step into the Motorola city environment to experience the next generation of policing, interact with the connected law enforcement officer, sit in the driver’s seat of the next generation patrol vehicle and take command of the integrated multimedia communications centre.
- Building on the momentum of the LEX 700 Mission Critical Handheld launch, Motorola is announcing a set of accessories designed to make the LEX 700 easier to use and manage. The accessories include:
- A 4-Slot Device Charging Cradle for flexible mounting
- A 4-Slot Spare Battery Charger that offers LED indicators to show charge status and battery health
- An Impact-Rated Vehicle Cradle that allows responders to mount the LEX 700 device securely and safely in the vehicle
- A Desktop Cradle that conveniently charges the LEX 700 while orienting its screen for continued use
- A Quick-Access Leather Holster that makes it easy for officers to access the LEX 700 at a moment’s notice
- The future law enforcement officer demonstration shows how current and future devices, applications and sensors connected over P25 and Public Safety LTE networks tethered to incident command will help first responders be safer, smarter and more efficient.
- Motorola equips the latest Ford Interceptor Sedan patrol vehicle with a full set of next generation communications equipment, including integrated cockpit controls, built-in push-to-talk, remote siren, light and door lock controls and LTE-enabled data applications running on the powerful new MW810 Mobile Workstation R2.0.
- Improving spectrum efficiency is a critical issue facing government organisations today. With Motorola’s P25 standards-compliant ASTRO 25 system with P25 TDMA trunking solution, agencies can double their voice capacity without the need for adding frequency bands.
Enhancing this solution is the new MCC 7100 IP Dispatch Console, a perfect on-the-spot coordination solution for command posts, disaster management, special events and back-up dispatch centres. The new MCC 7100 IP Dispatch Console allows full command of situations from virtually anywhere. Flexible installation options for laptops, tablets and PCs deliver the portability needed for encrypted, mission-critical dispatching capability anywhere wired or wireless networks exist.
- The IT department is the one link in the chain that can strengthen all others. Easier-to-manage networks and devices empower government IT teams to move beyond troubleshooting to become strategic partners, making their entire teams more effective.
Providing the chief information officer’s (CIO) department a single view into the entire next generation communications platform, Motorola’s integrated operations and management solutions offer a common portal to access network and device management for everything from P25 radios to LTE broadband devices. They also provide asset management across the government enterprise and demonstrate how Motorola’s solutions help enforce strict government cyber-security.
Bob Schassler, senior vice president, Worldwide Radio Solutions, Motorola Solutions
“Government leaders understand the need to continually get better at public safety performance - we all want our cities to thrive. However, tight budgets force leaders to find ways to do more with less. Motorola Solutions technology can help government collect more information from across its cities, synthesize to find patterns and make smarter decisions, and distribute it to the people who need it, when they need it.”
Website: Safer Cities
Portal: Motorola Solutions Next Generation Public Safety
Facebook: Motorola Public Safety
MOTOROLA, MOTO, MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC and are used under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2012 Motorola Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.