Note: All Zebra Value class printers (P100i, P110i, P120i), Performance Class printers (P330i, P430i) and Security Class printers (P630i/P640i) are supported by our Value/Performance Class SDK.
Some of the basic printer functions supported by the ZXP Series 3 and Series 1 SDK’s include (Printer configuration/option dependent):
- Card Feeding, Card Movement Ejecting Cards
- Card Cleaning
- Encoding Cards - Smart Card and Magnetic Stripe
- Front and Back Printing
- Barcode Support
- Error Handling
- Printer Status
- Encoding over Ethernet
All Zebra printers must be running on the latest firmware to support the SDK development.
The firmware can be downloaded from the Zebra website within Support and Downloads.
The Zebra SDK requires the following Windows Operating Systems:
- Windows XP Professional® with Service Pack 2
- Windows Server 2003® with Service Pack 2
- Windows Vista®
- Windows® 8
- Windows Server® 2012
- Windows 10
Developers using this SDK will require the following skills:
- Experience in developing applications with Microsoft® Windows programming environments including Visual Basic® 6, Visual C++®, Visual C#®, Visual Basic®.NET
- Experience in developing applications using dynamic link libraries (dll)
- Experience with Microsoft's Windows Graphics Device Interface (GDI)
New SDK Updates
New ZXP3 Card Printer SDK for Series 3 and Series 1 supports ZMotif Interface methods. This new SDK allows developers to easily integrate both the ZXP Series 7 and 8 and Series 3 and 1 with the same programmatic interface methods. In addition this new SDK no longer requires the Zebra Card printer Windows driver to be installed as a prerequisite.
The following table shows the supported functions (Printer, Graphic, and Smart Cards) for the associated printer model: