This press release was issued by Motorola Solutions Enterprise business prior to its acquisition by Zebra Technologies on Oct. 27, 2014.
Demonstration at HIMSS ASIAPAC 2012 offers wide range of healthcare solutions designed to transform healthcare experience
Singapore, 18 Sept. 2012: Mobility solutions in healthcare sector are an imperative to address the need for better patient care delivery, greater efficiencies in hospital operations, and to contribute to making healthcare accessible and affordable in the growing and ageing populations in the markets. Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI) has been drawing on its mobility solutions expertise and relationships with Independent Software Vendors to bring to the market innovative solutions for the healthcare sector.
At the HIMSS ASIAPAC 2012, Singapore, from 17 - 19 Sept., at the Marina Bay Sands Convention and Exhibition Centre (Booth 311), Motorola Solutions in collaboration with its healthcare ecosystem partners has set up demonstration of solutions based on the four key pillars of improving patient safety, enhancing operational efficiency, delivering secure communications, and providing seamless secure connectivity at all times, to enable healthcare service providers to transform healthcare experience.
- The healthcare solutions on display at the booth include:
o Medication Administration.
o Laboratory Specimen Collection and Management System
o Patient Automated Arrival System
o Work Order Management System
o Right Medicine To Right Container System
o AirDefense Services Platform (ADSP), a wireless management, monitoring and protection system designed to safeguard information within the
- Solutions are built around MSI’s four pillars of healthcare, namely:
o Patient Care – positive patient ID, medication administration, specimen tracking, transfusion verification;
o Operational Efficiency – asset tracking in hospitals, facility management, clinical documentation tracking;
o Workforce Productivity – telemedicine, workforce scheduling, clinical decision support, routing, scheduling mobile dispatch; nurse
communications & management
o IT operations – campus-wide wireless enterprise, guest/patient wireless hotspot access.
- Represented at the Motorola Solutions booth are partners - Napier Healthcare, SQL View, Autoscan, Cicada Cube, Barcode Dynamics and Babywatch.
- Motorola Solutions has been working with the Infocomm Development Authority of Singapore (IDA) on Healthcare Innovation Programme (IM-HIP). This government and corporate partnership was announced in April 2011.
· The aim of the IM-HIP programme is to drive the development of a more vibrant ecosystem of healthcare mobility application in Singapore, and address the healthcare needs of Singapore and the Asia Pacific. A total of 15 local companies from Singapore’s healthcare ecosystem have signed on under this programme..
- According to IDC Health Insights predictions for the Asia Pacific in 2012, the focus will be on Mobility, for improvement in patient safety, point of care access to patient information as well as clinical decision support, as the universal trend in the region. Expenditure on mobility will also manifest itself through telemedicine, remote care and personal health management especially revived and improved through national broadband initiatives in many countries. Data security, access and privacy will see heightened investment and also establishment of healthcare specific compliance laws.
Grace HO, country president - Singapore, Motorola Solutions Singapore Pte Ltd., and Head of Solution Sales, Asia Pacific
“Countries across the region are facing some similar sets of Healthcare challenges. Mobility technologies combined with the general trend towards Information & Communication Technology in healthcare industry offer significant potential to help address these challenges across the continuum of healthcare services, even while helping drive standardized quality healthcare at an affordable price.
Motorola Solutions has been deeply engaged in delivering mobile health solutions by mobilizing capabilities that reside among the local enterprises and growing the healthcare ecosystem in Singapore and in the region. Our solutions at the HIMSS ASIAPAC 2012 in Singapore is a testament to our efforts, strength and commitment.”
Website: Motorola Solutions Healthcare
Website: Motorola Healthcare Solutions
Website: Healthcare Innovation Programme
White Paper: Reducing healthcare costs with supply chain best practices
White Paper: Mobility in Nursing