With TC75 touch mobile computers, mobile security guards improve alarm response times by 10%
HEERENVEEN, Netherlands – March 26, 2018 – Zebra Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ: ZBRA), the market leader in rugged mobile computers, barcode scanners and barcode printers enhanced with software and services to enable real-time enterprise visibility, announced that Securitas has deployed TC75 touch mobile computers to assist all security guards during every step of their patrol rounds.
Securitas, one of the largest security companies in the world, needed to equip its field patrol teams with a future-proof, rugged Android™ device with an integrated barcode reader to improve their productivity and effectiveness. Securitas selected Zebra Technologies and its long-term partner, Indicium, to roll out Android-based TC75 mobile computers across 23 branches in the Netherlands over a three-month period. Since deploying the devices along with the new Securitas guard control and reporting system, the business has reported a 10% improvement in alarm response time, increased patrol flexibility, enhanced guard productivity and a positive impact on the experience of Securitas’ customers.
- Mobile guards use the TC75 to check-in for duty and access job-specific instructions, including recommended routes around sites to maximize coverage. With the integrated barcode scanner, guards provide visibility to senior staff of their current location as well as site visits and checks which increase guard productivity and safety.
- If the dispatch center receives an alarm, a priority SMS is then sent to patrols so they can respond quickly based on their location. This provides the flexibility required to address critical alarms and shortens response time.
- The TC75 scans contribute to more comprehensive reports for Securitas customers provided by the new Securitas Mobile Platform (SMP) business application. Customers have full visibility of the date and time stamps of guards’ scans, along with any comments and photos added by them.
- The reliability of the TC75, combined with the operational continuity ensured by Zebra OneCare Support Services, raises operations efficiency and the level of customer service.
- The TC75 mobile computer is now recommended group-wide as the Android device of choice and the Belgium operation of Securitas has also started adopting it for its mobile guards to give them a performance edge.
Jeroen van Haastrecht, Business Development Manager, Securitas
“We needed a ruggedized, future-proof enterprise touch computer based on the Android operating system which could easily integrate into our Guard Reporting back office system. Zebra’s robust TC75 devices delivered all that, and more. Our patrol guards have reported they love using them. They are reliable, secure and as easy to use as smartphones, with excellent scanning and processing speeds, as well as a long battery life. Zebra and Indicium have worked in close collaboration with us to ensure the success of this deployment.”
Casper Zweers, Director, Benelux, Zebra Technologies
“Zebra has helped Securitas empower their patrol guards with the right Android mobile devices that gives them the real-time operational visibility they need to make more informed decisions. Working with Indicium, we offer a solution that ultimately helps guards monitor and manage their rounds more efficiently, improving safety and enhancing the overall quality of security services they provide to their business customers.”
With the unparalleled operational visibility Zebra (NASDAQ: ZBRA) provides, enterprises become as smart and connected as the world we live in. Real-time information – gleaned from visionary solutions including hardware, software, and services – gives organizations the competitive edge they need to simplify operations, know more about their businesses and customers, and empower their mobile workers to succeed in today’s data-centric world. For more information, visit www.zebra.com or sign up for our news alerts. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
+33 (0)607 956 184
ZEBRA and the stylized Zebra head are trademarks of ZIH Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Android is a trademark of Google LLC. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2018 ZIH Corp. and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.