Self-scanning is not a technology.
Self-scanning is a fusion of processes, store modifications, marketing, training, oversight; all merely enabled by technology. So most of all, it's about people - shop assistants to make your day a little bit brighter by helping you out whenever you need it, hostesses to smile and show you how to shop smarter, management to make it all possible... and customers to enjoy a better shopping experience, without unnecessary waiting in lines, without constantly moving goods from/to their carts, with more information at their hands, with more time spent actually shopping than performing tedious, unnecessary tasks.
Of course, there are retailers large and small, and we have just the right approach and solution for everyone. The thing is that if self-scanning is to succeed, it needs to be the appropriate variant, and we know all too well that one-size-fits-all will almost never work out well. Our design framework helps us navigate to the right outcome – it lists no less than 5 basic scenarios to start with... to get it all just right.
But getting off the ground is merely the beginning: a self-scanning solution will wither over time if it isn't receiving a constant influx of love, especially if not monitored and developed properly. We use our monitoring center to closely watch the KPIs for every single store to avoid trouble like this.
We 4MAXers put great emphasis on these goals. On delivering something to work for years to come. On delivering and running something that brings actual value to customers.
Key Features Supported
- Implementation + consulting services comprising both the business and technical sides
- Around-the-clock monitoring and pro-active support, both business KPIs and technical health
- Long-term care for each and every implementation we do, for every retailer that invests their trust in us
- Of course all the standard features you expect from self-scanning
- Advanced features like in-store navigation, assistant notification center for smartwatches, item recommendations, promotional slideshows, disabled customer features, magnifier, golden scanner promotions, user tutorials, price checker mode...
- Advanced security features on top of the standard ones (re-scans etc.): security scales (by Bizerba), real-time session monitoring, small mistake tolerance, re-scan undo, exit checkpoints, variable end-of-trip codes, scanner theft protection, AI finding fraud patterns...