Zebra Card SDK for Value/Performance Card Printers
The Zebra Value/Performance Class SDK gives software developers the ability to quickly integrate commands into a card application for direct control of specific features and functions of Zebra's Value and Performance card printers. This SDK Supports Zebra P330i/P430i and P110i/P120i card printers.
Zebra's Value/Performance class card printer SDK comes with:
- Programming documentation (command information, coding sequence and sample codes) and DLL's for:
- Printer and graphics functions
- Contact encoding with an integrated GemCore® contact encoder
- Contactless encoding with the integrated GemProx® MIFARE® encoding module
- An application to verify that the contact and contactless encoder in your printer is functioning correctly. This application was written using the very same information and sample code in this SDK.
- A SDK reference manual describing the programming functions that control operations and deliver data for Zebra card printers.
- An application programming interface (API) to provide functions to access card printer features.
For more information and/or SDK support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following table shows the supported functions (Printer, Graphic, and Smart Cards) for the associated printer model:
|P110i™ 1/P120i™ 2/P110m™1||Yes||Yes||No||No||No|
|P330i™ 1/P330m™ 1/R3i 1||Yes||Yes||Yes||P330i™ only||P330i™ & R3i only|
|P430i™ 2/R4i 2||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
1 = single-sided printing
2 = dual-sided printing
3 = dual-sided printing, single-sided laminating
4 = dual-sided printing, dual-sided laminating
Basic printer functions supported by this SDK include:
- Card Feeding
- Card Cleaning
- Encoding Cards - Smart Card and Magnetic Stripe
- Front and Back Printing
- Applying a Clear Varnish
- Card Flipping
- Ejecting Cards
All Zebra printers must be running on the latest firmware V1.16 to support the SDK.
The firmware can be downloaded from the Zebra public website in Support & Downloads. For the P330i and P430i printers, the latest firmware and drivers (V5.00.13/V6.00.06) must be upgraded at the same time, and the firmware should be upgraded before the driver.
The Zebra printer drivers run on the following Windows® Operating Systems:
- Windows XP Professional® with Service Pack 2
- Windows 2000® with Service Pack 4
- Windows Server 2003® Service Pack 2
- Windows Vista®
Developers using this SDK will require the following skills:
- Experience in developing applications with Microsoft® Windows® programming environments including Visual Basic® 6, Visual C++®, Visual C#®, Visual Basic®.NET and Delphi®.
- Experience in developing applications using dynamic link libraries (dll)
- Experience with Microsoft's Windows Graphics Device Interface (GDI)