Motorola Solutions Helps Lower Broadband Connectivity Costs with New Wireless Ethernet Bridges
This press release was issued by Motorola Solutions Enterprise business prior to its acquisition by Zebra Technologies on Oct. 27, 2014.
Businesses, government agencies and service providers gain access to affordable high-speed communications for bandwidth-intensive applications
SCHAUMBURG, Ill. – Mar. 8, 2011 – Motorola Solutions, Inc.
(NYSE: MSI) today announced new additions to its PTP 200 Series
portfolio of point-to-point (PTP) wireless Ethernet bridges – the PTP
230 and PTP 250. Both solutions leverage Motorola’s technology
leadership in the unlicensed spectrum to offer reliable wireless
broadband connectivity and backhaul in line-of-sight (LOS) as well as
near line-of-sight (nLOS) conditions. They provide customers with
affordable radio options that deliver higher data rates at a very
competitive price. This makes them ideal for extending service to
areas previously inaccessible and quickly meeting the growing
bandwidth requirements for applications such as leased line
replacement, video surveillance and voice-over-IP telephony
- The new PTP 200 Series wireless Ethernet bridges use Motorola’s proprietary technology to deliver the range, reliability and throughput capabilities required by applications today’s professional and residential users want.
- The PTP 230 operates in the 5.8 GHz unlicensed spectrum and delivers wireless broadband connections up to 50 Mbps and a range of up to 80 miles (129 km). It leverages orthogonal frequency division multiplexing (OFDM) and GPS synchronization to avoid multi-path and self-interference, enabling extension of wireless broadband service to areas previously not served.
- The dual-band PTP 250 can operate in the 5.4 GHz or 5.8 GHz spectrum without requiring hardware changes. The radio uses multiple-input multiple-output (MIMO) technology to deliver reliable LOS or nLOS paths and protect the signal from fading. Offering up to 220 Mbps of throughput, it is ideal when adding capacity for multimedia content or sending video from surveillance cameras to a control or command center.
- Motorola’s expanded PTP portfolio is supported by an industry-leading One Point Wireless Suite of design and management tools that help IT departments reduce deployment time and improve network visibility.
- Customers can purchase the PTP 230 and PTP 250 in the second quarter of 2011 through Motorola Solutions sales and its wide network of partners in the PartnerEmpower Channel Program. The dual-band version of the PTP 250 will be available in North America once certified by the Federal Communications Commission and Industry Canada.
Chris Lynch, director, APC Solutions
“The new PTP 250 wireless broadband Ethernet bridge from Motorola Solutions fills an important market need for a high-throughput, shorter range PTP link at a price that is accessible. We are very excited about this new technology because it will allow us to quickly and cost-effectively extend our services to new customers."
Phil Bolt, vice president, Motorola Solutions
“Motorola Solutions saw the growing challenge faced by enterprise and government customers to reduce costs while increasing the use of new, more sophisticated and data rich applications. These solutions address it by delivering high-performance broadband connectivity at a right price point without sacrificing the reliability, security and support for which Motorola is known in this market.”
Website: PTP 200 Series
Portal: The Wireless Networking Pulse
Blog: Wireless Insights
Motorola Solutions delivers seamless connectivity that puts real-time information in the hands of users, which gives customers the agility they need to grow their business or better serve and protect the public. Working seamlessly together with our world-class devices, our wireless network solutions include indoor wireless LAN, outdoor wireless mesh, point-to-multipoint, point-to-point networks and voice-over-WLAN solutions. Combined with powerful software tools for wireless network design, best-of-breed security, management and troubleshooting, Motorola Solutions delivers trusted networking and access anywhere to organizations across the globe.
MOTOROLA, MOTO, MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC and are used under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2011 Motorola Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.