Motorola Solutions Introduces the MC75A HF RFID Contactless Mobile Computer
This press release was issued by Motorola Solutions Enterprise business prior to its acquisition by Zebra Technologies on Oct. 27, 2014.
New functions raise the bar in mobile computing and NFC contactless communication for ticketing, identity and access management
Paris– March 29, 2011 – Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI) has today announced a new addition to its mobile computing portfolio – the MC75A HF RFID Contactless mobile computer.
The MC75A HF has the greatest range of features in its class and is designed for use by enterprises that require enhanced connectivity coupled with the field and mobile capability to deliver secure payment transactions.
With a focus on reliability, the MC75A HF mobile computer can help streamline business processes, improve operations and increase employee productivity by combining a range of capabilities such as a 3.5G worldwide phone, 2-way radio communications, barcode scanner, and an HF RFID reader/writer for NFC contactless communication in one device, negating the need for multiple pieces of equipment to purchase, manage or carry.
The new MC75A HF leverages the field proven form factor and accessory eco-system of the industry-leading MC70 and MC75A rugged mobile computers – with an installed base of more than one million units globally.
With its broad support for multiple protocols and standards and its integrated HF contactless capabilities, the MC75A HF is the new market-leading mobile solution for NFC contactless ticketing, identity and asset management.
Juniper Research estimates that one in five mobile phones will be Near Field Communications (NFC)-enabled by 2013 with transaction values anticipated to quintuple annually between 2011 and 2013, paving the way for near-instant payment transactions enhancing customer convenience and improving worker productivity. By 2013, Juniper predicts more than $75 billion of sales will be transacted via NFC, with the majority of transactions being for refreshments, tickets and food. (Source: http://www.rfidjournal.com/article/view/7020)
- Enables NFC contactless transactions around the world: 13.56 MHz operation supports MIFARE, Calypso (ISO 14443-A/B) and FeliCa as well as ISO 15693 protocols
- Six devices in one: 3.5G worldwide mobile phone, 2-way radio, HF RFID reader/writer, bar code scanner, high resolution digital camera and GPS all-in-one functionality substantially reduces the volume of devices businesses need to purchase and manage
- Maximum reliability: Motorola’s signature rugged specifications for drop, tumble and sealing
- Maximum flexibility: Thanks to the wide set of expansion modules offering more options such as biometrics capture or Credit/Debit card payment.
- Maximum security: Uses government grade security including FIPS 140-2 certification offering support for the most advanced encryption and authentication protocols; and high-performance Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) for compliance with the toughest industry regulations, such as PCI and HIPAA
- Maximum power: the most robust processing platform for blazing application performance
- True enterprise class motion sensing: dynamic screen rotation and better management of battery power with Motorola MAX Sensor
- Easy and cost-effective device management: works with Motorola’s leading management software, Mobility Software Platform (MSP)
Bob Sanders, Senior Vice President, Enterprise Solutions and Wireless Network Solutions, Motorola Solutions
“The MC75A HF represents a continued focus on merging smart technologies into ergonomic and usable mobile devices. The MC75A HF is functional and flexible with a form-factor that can be used all day, every day. The increasing use of RFID technology in a range of sectors, including retail, transport and logistics and by Government organisations, presents Motorola Solutions with a great opportunity to incorporate its market-leading technology into devices which meet customer needs today.”
MOTOROLA, MOTO, MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC and are used under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2011 Motorola Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.