Motorola Solutions’ New Service Helps IT Departments Lower Mobile Device Management Costs
This press release was issued by Motorola Solutions Enterprise business prior to its acquisition by Zebra Technologies on Oct. 27, 2014.
Service from the Start with Device Management provides customers with a complete operational management solution for their mobile computing devices
SCHAUMBURG, Ill. – April 11, 2011 – Motorola Solutions, Inc.
(NYSE: MSI) today announced the addition of Service from the Start
with Device Management to its services portfolio tailored for
enterprise customers. Taking a completely new approach to mobile
device management, the new service integrates break/fix repair and
support with device management in a single program from a trusted
vendor. Combining best-of-breed depot facilities with tight process
integration from problem detection to resolution, the service
simplifies the process of enabling device management as part of the
support program. This helps IT departments gain better visibility into
the devices in the operational environment, lower the total cost of
ownership for their mobility investments, and leverage a single
platform for strategic business improvement.
- Service from the Start with Device Management adds robust device management capabilities to the proven Service from the Start with Comprehensive Coverage service, helping IT effectively tackle daily technical operations and management of its organization’s mobile computing devices.
- With this new service, businesses gain access to expertise and tools necessary to provide visibility and improve availability of mobile devices throughout an organization, allowing them to focus on their core business and not the technology.
- Service from the Start with Device Management helps IT departments offload day-to-day management of their mobile computers to highly qualified support technicians, allowing for quick resolution of issues with minimal end-user involvement.
- Key benefits of the new service include proactive support and troubleshooting provided by an integrated managed services delivery center, monitoring and prevention, asset and software management, and product repair with comprehensive coverage that helps customers protect their mobility investments against the unexpected.
- Already available to our partners in the award-winning PartnerEmpower Channel Program, the new service adds to the broad portfolio of Motorola Solutions’ products they provide, helping them gain the ability to deliver a complete mobility solution that leverages technology investments, integration capabilities and management services from Motorola.
- From remote device triage, profile lock-down and wipe to call handling, device event analysis and software rollout and planning, Motorola’s Service from the Start with Device Management provides a robust program that helps organizations reduce device maintenance costs while protecting their assets and data from unauthorized use.
- Customers in North America with a minimum install base of 500 mobile computing devices can start purchasing Service from the Start with Device Management in the second quarter of 2011.
Eric Klein, senior analyst, VDC Research
“The mobile device management (MDM) category has matured quickly and is growing rapidly in importance with the proliferation of mobile devices in enterprise deployment environments. Rugged mobile devices in use in industrial environments have become mission critical business tools, and in other deployment environments, the amount of confidential and sensitive data making its way onto Smartphones has made MDM a ‘must-have’ solution.”1
Michael Devente, vice president, North America Channels, Motorola
“We are providing this new device management service through our partner community to expand the reach of our best-in-class customer support programs and strengthen the value proposition our partners offer to help them grow their business with services that customers seek.”
David Thomas, vice president, Motorola Solutions
“Service from the Start with Device Management is the natural next step in the continuing evolution of service repair and support. It moves service and support further ahead on the maturity curve, building on the value of break/fix ‘no questions asked’ coverage with embedded device management capabilities for an integrated solution.”
Website: Service from the Start with Device Management
Portal: Next Generation Enterprise Mobility
1Enterprise Mobility Solutions, 2010 Market Intelligence Service, 7th Edition, Track 2: Enterprise Mobility Software; Volume 1: Mobile Application Software and Middleware Offering, VDC Research, 2010
MOTOROLA, MOTO, MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC and are used under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2011 Motorola Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.