Motorola Solutions Receives Strong Positive Rating in Leading Industry Analyst Firm’s Ruggedized Handheld-Computer MarketScope Report
This press release was issued by Motorola Solutions Enterprise business prior to its acquisition by Zebra Technologies on Oct. 27, 2014.
Singapore – May 31, 2011 – Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI), a leading provider of mission-critical communication products and services for enterprise and government customers, today announced that it has received a Strong Positive rating in Gartner‟s "MarketScope for the Ruggedized Handheld-Computer Market (Global)." (1)
- Gartner's MarketScope provides specific guidance for users who are deploying, or have deployed, products or services. The Gartner MarketScope evaluation is based on a weighted evaluation of a vendor's ruggedized handheld-computer products in comparison with the evaluation criteria.
- According to Gartner, rugged handheld vendors design, build and support computers for applications used where environmental or usage conditions would quickly render standard, off-the-shelf handheld computers inoperative or expensive to maintain.
- The report states that a vendor with a "strong positive (rating) is viewed as a provider of strategic products, services or solutions."
- Customers engaged with a vendor with a Strong Positive rating are advised to "continue with planned investments," while potential customers should "consider this vendor a strong choice for strategic investments."
- Motorola Solutions offers a broad mobile computing portfolio - from rugged mobile computers and vehicle-mount mobile computers to Enterprise Digital Assistants and wearable computers - to help mobilize organizations both indoors and out in the field.
Girish Rishi, corporate vice president and general manager of mobile computing, Motorola Solutions "We believe Gartner‟ „trong Positive‟rating confirms our leadership position in the rugged mobile computing market and our commitment to providing our customers with innovative solutions that help our customers be their best in the moments that matter."
Website: Motorola Solutions Mobile Computers
Portal: Motorola Solutions Next Generation Enterprise Mobility