Motorola Solutions Recognized with 2011 Nemertes PilotHouse Award for Wireless LANs
This press release was issued by Motorola Solutions Enterprise business prior to its acquisition by Zebra Technologies on Oct. 27, 2014.
IT decision-makers rate Motorola with the highest overall customer service and value scores among Market Leaders
SCHAUMBURG, Ill. – Sep. 14, 2011 – Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI) today announced it was recognized with the Nemertes Research 2011 PilotHouse Award among Market Leaders for Wireless LANs (WLANs). The Nemertes Research PilotHouse Awards Report provides insight on the performance of technology vendors, according to feedback from IT decision-makers who use their products or services.
- Key factors contributing to Motorola Solutions’ top honors among
- Sharper focus resulting from the separation of its consumer-facing business in January 2011
- Expansion of WLAN product lines to include new dual- and tri-radio 802.11n access points, mesh architectures and new management platforms
- Reduction in the capital and operating costs of deploying and running its networks
- Nemertes Research conducts the PilotHouse Award Program annually, and any vendors are eligible to receive ratings.
- Awards are issued to Market Leaders and Market Challengers, categorized based on their market presence in the specific technology area being rated.
- For the 2011 awards, approximately 2,000 IT executives rated their vendors and service providers on technology, customer service and value in 22 technology areas, including WLAN.
John E. Burke, Nemertes Research
“Motorola Solutions won with solid strength in technology, customer service, and overall value, with the greatest margin being in customer service. We were impressed with the improvements in Motorola’s scores and see them poised to be an equally strong contender next year.”
Imran Akbar, vice president, Enterprise Networks and
Communications, Motorola Solutions
“We believe our position at the top of the Market Leaders category is a testament to our continued commitment to deliver a comprehensive and innovative portfolio of WLAN solutions. Sharply focused on continuing to help businesses and governments support today’s increasingly mobile workforce while meeting budgetary constraints, our WLAN solutions prove that indeed less is more: less worry, costs and congestion, more trust, intelligence and performance.”
Report: Nemertes Research 2011 PilotHouse Award Report
Website: WiNG 5 WLAN
Video: WiNG 5 WLAN overview video
Brochure: Less required. More delivered.
Portal: The Pulse: Wireless Networking
Blog: Wireless Insights
Motorola Solutions delivers seamless connectivity that puts real-time information in the hands of users, which gives customers the agility they need to grow their business or better serve and protect the public. Working seamlessly together with our world-class devices, our wireless network solutions include indoor wireless LAN, outdoor wireless mesh and voice-over-WLAN solutions. Combined with powerful software tools for wireless network design, best-of-breed security, management and troubleshooting, Motorola Solutions delivers trusted networking and access anywhere to organizations across the globe.
MOTOROLA, MOTO, MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC and are used under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2011 Motorola Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.