This press release was issued by Motorola Solutions Enterprise business prior to its acquisition by Zebra Technologies on Oct. 27, 2014.
"Compact rugged mobile computing series, addresses growing needs of small-to-medium sized retailers, manufacturers and logistics companies, to improve operational efficiency"
ASIA PACIFIC, Singapore. – January 18, 2012 – Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI), a leading provider of mission-critical communication solutions and services for enterprise and government customers, is today announcing the new MC2100 – to deliver industrial mobile computing solutions for retail, manufacturing and supply chain businesses.
Combining all the benefits of compact feature-rich mobile computers and ergonomic design, the MC2100 series aims to deliver high performance mobile computing. It is primarily developed as a compelling solution to meet the mobile enterprise needs of a fast-growing cost-sensitive segment of Asian enterprises who increasingly want new technology options to improve their operational efficiency and global competitiveness. The MC2100 series expands the company’s range further, and is designed for small-to-medium sized businesses in the region.
MC2100 KEY FACTS
· With the MC2100 series, Motorola redefines the value tier for rugged mobile computers with five configurations of the MC2100 that include three different scan engines, options for batch and WLAN connectivity, and vertical-specific accessories.
· The lightweight and ergonomic MC2100 also comes with a powerful processor, numerical key pad and a touchscreen for operational ease. These specifications make it ideal for scan-intensive tasks such as inventory management, stock replenishment, price marking and shelf labelng which are common operational activities in retail, manufacturing and supply chain enterprises.
· The MC2100 is the first value-tier rugged handheld in the mobile computing industry to support HTML5 via Motorola’s ** RhoElements application enablement framework.
· The MC2100 series leverage on the same hardware platform as other Motorola mobile computing products to simplify application support and integration into an enterprise environment.
· Motorola’s MC2100 series of mobile computers will be available with the Service from the Start with Comprehensive Coverage program, providing coverage for normal wear and tear as well as accidental damage to internal and external components, significantly reducing unforeseen repair expenses.
· Motorola’s MC2100 mobile computing series is expected to ship in the first quarter of 2012.
** RhoElements is a state-of-the-art web-based application framework. It is designed to allow businesses to quickly and cost-effectively develop and deploy web-based applications on existing Motorola Windows Embedded Handheld (formerly known as Windows Mobile) and Windows Embedded Compact (Win-CE) mobile computers as well as Motorola’s recently announced ET1 Android-based enterprise tablet
Andy Chan, Director, Asia Pacific Enterprise Channels, Motorola Solutions,
“We have drawn on our knowledge and innovation leadership and combined it with the feedback from our Asian customers to design this new MC2100 series that will help them improve their business efficiency. With the MC2100 series, even the more price-sensitive small and medium enterprises will be able to effectively make the necessary investments to mobilize their workers and explore new ways to improve on their competitive advantage and profitability in their increasingly competitive industry verticals.”
Website: Motorola Solutions Mobile Computers
Portal:Motorola Solutions Next Generation Enterprise Mobility