This press release was issued by Motorola Solutions Enterprise business prior to its acquisition by Zebra Technologies on Oct. 27, 2014.
Beijing, May 24, 2012 — Mobile healthcare will soon become a reality in China as Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI) showcased its integrated next-generation healthcare mobility solutions to attending IT experts, scholars and IT technicians at the Chinese Hospital Information Network Conference (CHINC) 2012 and the Fifth China-US Hospital Information Forum.
The conference, held from May 24-27 in Changsha, Hunan Province, is the premier industry event in China's healthcare informatization field. Designed for first aid, surgery, nursing and logistics uses, these solutions embody Motorola Solutions' commitment to fulfilling its innovative philosophy of ''Seamless Mobile Healthcare''.
China's ongoing healthcare reforms have expanded the domestic market for healthcare informatization. For the first time, Motorola Solutions set up its own exhibition halls at CHINC in an effort to support government policies and attach greater importance to China's healthcare market.
- At CHINC 2012, Motorola Solutions erected its next-generation mobile healthcare interactive exhibition hall to simulate the patient rescue process from first aid to recuperation, and showed the seven major scenarios of this process: first aid room, operating room, drug store, ward, supply room, medical waste disposal site and IT data monitoring center.
- Based on the varying requirements at each stage of the healthcare system, Motorola Solutions has designed a series of healthcare mobility solutions consisting of mobile computers, barcode scanners and wireless network equipment.
- These healthcare mobility solutions include first aid and emergency communication solutions, surgical equipment tracing solutions, drugstore management solutions, mobile nursing solutions, supply room management solutions, medical waste disposal solutions and IT center solutions. By improving operational efficiency, reducing human errors, improving nursing quality and lowering the cost of healthcare, these solutions can meet the unique demands of the healthcare industry.
- In addition, Motorola Solutions introduced the applications and prospects of ET1 in healthcare industry, its latest enterprise-level tablet ''Tailor-made for Enterprise Customers”.
- Sponsored by the China Hospital Information Management Association (CHIMA), CHINC is a two-way exchange platform for medical institutions and IT service providers in China. The biennial and the concurrent China-US Hospital Information Forum jointly organized by CHIMA and the US Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) bring the latest healthcare technologies, the best IT solutions and the most outstanding IT management practices from domestic and abroad.
- In the US market, the 23rd Leadership Survey conducted by HIMSS in 2012 shows a rise of 4% over the 2011 level in the information leveraging rate in healthcare institutions’ top priorities in the next two years. Among the main types of IT infrastructure, the primary focus on mobile devices has increased by 6%.
- In China, the results of CHIMA’s 2010-2011 surveys of IT department executives from healthcare institutions indicate that 625 panel hospitals will invest an average of RMB8.392 million in IT development in the next two years, 55.08% of which will be spent on hardware equipment. Terminals make up the biggest share of the gross investment in hardware equipment, at 37.77% or RMB1.7458 million. According to 21st Century Business Herald, the National Development &Reform Commission has arranged RMB 1.25 billion for the healthcare informatization construction in primary hospitals.
- Riding on this trend, Motorola Solutions has continuously intensified its efforts in the field of mobile computers and barcode scanners to truly help healthcare institutions to strengthen their management on patient, drug, equipment and electronic medical record, optimize medical personnel scheduling and improve healthcare mobility.
- In recent years, Motorola Solutions has introduced a series of healthcare mobility solutions that integrate important functions such as mobile computing, real time communication and data collection. These include the MC55 Enterprise Digital Assistant, ES400 Enterprise Digital Assistant, MC3100 Series Rugged Mobile Computer, MC65 3G WAN Rugged Mobile Computer, DS6878 Cordless Bluetooth 2D Imager and DS4208 General-purpose Handheld 2D Barcode Scanner. Every product and solution is the outcome of painstaking market survey and research efforts by Motorola Solutions and its channel partners.
- Motorola Solutions’ healthcare mobility solutions, which are delivered on a wide portfolio of devices including mobile computers, barcode scanners and wireless infrastructure, are already deployed in various healthcare institutions around the world, including the Armed Police General Hospital, PKU People’s Hospital, PLA No.302 Hospital, Zhejiang Sir Run Run Shaw Hospital, Hangzhou No.1 People’s Hospital, No.2 Affiliated Hospital of Zhejiang University Medical School, Hong Kong Union Hospital and Bumrungrad Hospital in Thailand.
Chen Yang, Healthcare Lead of Enterprise Business, Motorola Solutions China
"Motorola Solutions is a leading global enterprise mobility solution provider and has been operating in the Chinese market for 25 years, constantly paying close attention to healthcare informatization policies and development trends in China and introducing the most advanced healthcare mobility solutions to the country. Next-Generation Enterprise Mobility solutions are adapted to the needs of the industry and can truly help healthcare institutions to improve operational efficiency, markedly improve patient experience and ensure the safety and security of healthcare information.''
Motorola Solutions Celebrates its 25th Year in China in 2012
As one of the first multinational companies to establish its presence in China, Motorola Solutions has witnessed and actively participated in the country’s development over the years. We have a thorough understanding of the Chinese market and strong insights into the needs of our customers across key verticals including public safety, transportation, retail, healthcare, among others. We continue to deliver industry-leading technology solutions and services, directly and through our extensive channel network, to enable mission-critical communications in moments that matter. Motorola Solutions remains committed to the Chinese market and will continue to use our innovations to stimulate the informatization of both government and enterprises.
MOTOROLA, MOTO, MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC and are used under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2012 Motorola Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.