This press release was issued by Motorola Solutions Enterprise business prior to its acquisition by Zebra Technologies on Oct. 27, 2014.
SCHAUMBURG, Ill. – Jan. 3, 2012 – Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI), a leading provider of mission-critical communication solutions and services for enterprise and government customers, today announced that its WiNG 5 Wireless local area network (WLAN) access points (APs) and controllers have received the ICSA Labs’ Firewall certification. A leading global authority in security certifications, ICSA Labs testing provides assurance to the user community that certified products meet ICSA Labs’ stringent security standards and also deliver strong risk-reducing security protections.
- Motorola is the only technology provider in the market that has received certification for both APs and controllers in its WLAN portfolio, following rigorous testing at ICSA Labs.
- ICSA Labs tested Motorola’s products against the new, more stringent version 4.1x of the firewall corporate certification testing criteria, which includes a standard set of functional and assurance criteria elements.
- Once tested, vendor firewall products remain continuously deployed in ICSA Labs’ Firewall Lab. Continuous deployment affords ICSA Labs’ analysts the opportunity to upgrade regularly and quickly test products against the latest security vulnerabilities that arise.
- Motorola’s WiNG 5 architecture eliminates choke points faced by traditional hub-and-spoke architectures by using quality of service (QoS), mobility, dynamic RF management and security at the edge for mobile applications such as video and voice. Access points also have an integrated firewall to provide comprehensive, unmatched security features to protect enterprise wireless networks and help address PCI and HIPAA security requirements.
- With solutions for every type of network, Motorola APs provide enterprise-level security and high performance for any LAN environment, allowing organizations of all sizes to select from a series of APs with special features, such as mesh networking, versatile radio coverage and instant deployment.
- Motorola’s certified APs include: AP 621, AP 650, AP 6521, AP 6532, AP 7131, AP 7161, and AP 7181. Certified controllers include RFS 4000, RFS 6000, and RFS 7000.
Imran Akbar, vice president and general manager, Enterprise Networks & Communications, Motorola Solutions
“The ICSA Labs Network Firewall certification is a strong validation of our Wireless LAN products. As the threat landscape continues to evolve, Motorola Solutions is committed to providing customers with the most robust solutions that will help them protect their networks from current and future security threats. We are staying true to that promise by putting our products to the test and obtaining the ICSA Labs certification to offer our customers the additional level of confidence they need.""
Brian Monkman, Security Perimeter Programs Manager, ICSA Labs
“ICSA Labs uses a comprehensive and stringent set of testing requirements, certifying only those firewall products that can meet these requirements. ICSA Labs certification of Motorola Solutions assures customers that Motorola’s firewall offerings meet these high standards for product compliance and security functionality.”
Website: Motorola Solutions Wireless LAN Access Points Overview
About ICSA Labs
ICSA Labs, an independent division of Verizon, offers third-party testing and certification of security and health IT products, as well as network-connected devices, to measure product compliance, reliability and performance for many of the world’s top security vendors. ICSA Labs is an ISO/IEC 17025 accredited and 9001 registered organization. Visithref="http://www.icsalabs.com">http://www.icsalabs.com and href="http://www.icsalabs.com/blogs">http://www.icsalabs.com/blogs for more information.
Motorola Solutions, Inc. Analyst Relations
MOTOROLA, MOTO, MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC and are used under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2011 Motorola Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.