This press release was issued by Motorola Solutions Enterprise business prior to its acquisition by Zebra Technologies on Oct. 27, 2014.
Prime contractor responsibility taken over with immediate effect from Nokia Siemens Networks for Norway´s Nødnett TETRA public safety network
OSLO, Norway – 27 Feb, 2012 – Motorola Solutions (NYSE: MSI), a leading provider of mission-critical communications solutions, and Nokia Siemens Networks (NSN) have finalised the transaction to transfer responsibility for the Norwegian nationwide TETRA Nødnett project including the NSN transfer of 25 employees from NSN locally in Norway to Motorola Solutions. The agreement to take over the project as the prime contractor from NSN was announced earlier this year on 11th January.
All regulatory approvals, including Norwegian government approval, have now been obtained, and Motorola Solutions has assumed responsibility for the continued roll out, implementation and operation of the nationwide Nødnett network for Norway´s public safety agencies with immediate effect.
The revenues for Motorola Solutions as the prime contractor through 2026 are anticipated to be approximately US$750 million. This project represents one of Motorola Solutions’ largest nationwide public safety contracts.
- Nødnett is the multi-agency digital radio communication system owned by a separate administration body, Direktoratet for Nødkommunikasjon (DNK – The Directorate for Emergency Communication), which leads the development of the communication network for emergency and public safety services in Norway and is subordinated to the Ministry of Justice.
- With this transfer of responsibility, Motorola Solutions broadens its scope from being sub-supplier of the technology for the core TETRA (Terrestrial Trunked Radio) digital radio communications infrastructure to become the prime contractor including all managed services for the roll out and implementation of the system.
- NSN employees related to the Nødnett project have transferred to Motorola Solutions in Norway as part of the transaction. They are now part of Motorola Solutions´ Global Services Organization, which has deep expertise in integrating and operating complex mission-critical communications networks.
- Motorola Solutions has a proven track record as a systems operator for nationwide public safety networks, including in Denmark as owner of the operator company.
- Motorola Solutions is celebrating its 30th anniversary in Norway, and the Nødnett contract further demonstrates Motorola Solutions’ long-term commitment to the Norwegian market.
- TETRA technology is an ETSI standard developed with and for public organizations. Motorola Solutions is a leading TETRA solutions supplier with a TETRA portfolio comprising infrastructure solutions, terminals, applications and services, which are currently delivered and in use in more than 100 countries around the world. Motorola Solutions has shipped more than 1.5 million TETRA terminals worldwide.
Manuel Torres, corporate vice president and general manager, Motorola Solutions, Europe, Middle East and Africa
"This year Motorola Solutions celebrates 30 years of operation in Norway, and we are very happy to mark this milestone with the win of such an extraordinary project as the Nødnett network. Based on our experience gained in-country and elsewhere, we are confident that we can deliver a mission-critical network that DNK and the Norwegian public safety community can rely on. Public safety has been our core business for more than 80 years, and we remain a leader in delivering TETRA digital radio solutions across the globe. This nationwide contract offers further proof that TETRA digital radio is the core technology in delivering mission-critical communications. Currently more than 100 countries rely on this technology. As this adoption accelerates around the world, we are fully committed to driving innovation in TETRA solutions for decades to come.”
Bruce Brda, senior vice president, Global Services Organization, Motorola Solutions
“Motorola Solutions has a proven track record in building, maintaining and operating nationwide mission critical systems. In Europe, we own the Denmark operator company and provide operations support of the national emergency systems in Austria, Portugal and Ireland. Based on this expertise, our priority is to provide cutting-edge communications solutions and services to Norway´s emergency forces that allow them to perform to the maximum of their abilities when every moment matters.”
Tor Helge Lyngstøl, director, The Directorate for Emergency Communication (DNK), Norway
“Mission critical communications are a core area for Motorola Solutions, and we are pleased that the company’s role in the project is being expanded. Motorola Solutions has been a key supplier of the core technology in the Nødnett Project from day one and the rollout will continue on schedule.”
NOTE TO THE EDITOR
The Norwegian Nødnett TETRA public safety network was not part of the Nokia Siemens Networks acquisition of certain wireless network infrastructure assets from Motorola Solutions, which closed on 29th April 2011.
Website: Motorola Solutions
Press Release: Agreement release from 11th January 2012
This press release contains "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of applicable federal securities laws. These statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 and generally include words such as "believes," "expects," "intends," “anticipates" and similar expressions. We can give no assurance that any future results or events discussed in these statements will be achieved. Any forward-looking statements represent our views only as of today and should not be relied upon as representing our views as of any subsequent date. Readers are cautioned that such forward-looking statements are subject to a variety of risks and uncertainties that could cause our actual results to differ materially from the statements contained in this release. Such forward-looking statements include, but are not limited to, statements about the time period and expected revenue as the prime contractor for Norway´s Nødnett TETRA public safety network. Many of these risks and uncertainties cannot be controlled by Motorola Solutions and include, but are not limited to the customer’s right to terminate the contract. A detailed description of other risks and uncertainties affecting Motorola Solutions is contained in item 1A of Motorola Solutions' 2011 Annual Report on Form 10-K and in its other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). These filings are available for free on the SEC's website at www.sec.gov and on Motorola Solutions' website at www.motorolasolutions.com. Motorola Solutions undertakes no obligation to publicly update any forward-looking statement or risk factor, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
MOTOROLA, MOTO, MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC and are used under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2012 Motorola Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.