This press release was issued by Motorola Solutions Enterprise business prior to its acquisition by Zebra Technologies on Oct. 27, 2014.
Gathering of key business leaders to brainstorm solutions opportunities
Melbourne, Australia Feb 23, 2012 – (NYSE : MSI) – Leading communications solutions provider Motorola Solutions last Friday recognized key channel partners for their achievements for 2011 at its first Asia Pacific Partner CEO Summit, reaffirming its commitment towards strengthening support for its valued channel network.
Motorola Solutions recently completed its first year as a standalone company since spinning off its consumer mobile and home businesses in January of 2011 with sterling global financial results, reporting full-year sales of US$8.2 billion for 2011, up 8 percent from 2010, and attributing revenue growth to solid demand across all regions in both Government and Enterprise businesses.
Key Highlights :
· Motorola Solutions hosted over 280 senior leaders representing its top channel partners - leaders in their respective business segments - from across 23 countries in the Asia Pacific region to its 2012 APAC Partner CEO Summit, held from February 15-17 in Bali, Indonesia.
· This year’s attendance focused mainly on the C-suite of its distribution & alliance partners, global system integrators and developer community.
· Themed “Accelerating Momentum”, the company shared its sales and business direction, as well as its channel priorities for 2012 with senior leaders from its partner community. An exclusive Board of Advisors’ meeting was held together with chief executives from its top 28 partners to discuss business opportunities for joint expansion.
· Motorola Solutions’ global senior executives were also present to actively lead and participate in industry discussions around how the company would work together with their channel to enhance capabilities and share opportunities to further grow the business.
· Among the top partner companies recognized were :
- POSPOS, Australia – Enterprise Solutions
- Master Communications and Electronics – Professional Commercial Radio Solutions
- Leon Group, Malaysia – Professional Commercial Radio Solutions
- Iida Korea Inc, Korea – Wireless Network Solutions
These companies won awards in their individual business categories based on their sterling performance, sales growth, revenue contribution and development of strategic new accounts jointly with MSI.
· Partners were also treated to an interactive showcase of solutions surrounding the company’s key targeted verticals of public safety, retail, supply chain, transportation & logistics, hospitality, healthcare and oil & gas. They were also given a first-hand experience of MSI’s latest innovative and broad device portfolio including newly launched devices such as the enterprise tablet ET1, MC2100 series of mobile computers and portfolio of professional commercial radios among many others.
· Motorola Solutions has over 2,000 channel partners from the Asia Pacific region including application developers, system integrators and independent software vendors across South East Asia, India, China, Korea, Japan, Australia and New Zealand.
Phey Teck Moh, Corporate Vice President, Asia Pacific, Motorola Solutions said : “As we mark our first anniversary as a new company with good financial performance, we must recognize that it is due in no small part to the contributions from our partner community. Now as we move forward to provide services and solutions for our customers, our channel partners will continue to play a critical role to drive future business growth. Particularly in the Asia Pacific region, our go-to-market strategies will continue to be closely aligned with our partner efforts to deliver the best mission-critical mobility solutions to our end-customers”.
Paul Blinkhorn, Vice President, Channels, Asia Pacific, Motorola Solutions said : “Over the course of our first year as a new company, we have taken concrete steps and formulated key initiatives to align our resources to meet the needs of our valued channel partner community. This year, we are elevating discussions further, engaging even closer with the CEOs of our partner companies, so as to better chart our combined future together.
We look forward to stronger relationships where we can truly jointly secure stronger topline growth and more profitable business opportunities. Collaboration is at the heart of all we do, and we at Motorola are committed to build our expertise in solutions-selling together with our channel community to deliver best-in-class solutions for our end customers”.