This press release was issued by Motorola Solutions Enterprise business prior to its acquisition by Zebra Technologies on Oct. 27, 2014.
This press release was issued by Psion prior to its acquisition by Motorola Solutions on Oct. 1, 2012. For all Psion press releases prior to Oct. 1, 2012, click here.
LONDON, United Kingdom — Tuesday 27 March 2012 — Psion (LSE: PON) today extends its successful modular product portfolio with the launch of the Omnii™ RT15, a rugged handheld device that combines modularity, performance and durability for mobile workers in the field. The Omnii RT15 is a result of Psion’s strategy where customer and partner input has informed the development of a sleeker, ruggedized handheld device for field service, delivery, field data collection and transportation.
“The Omnii RT15, combined with the Windows Embedded Handheld platform represents a breakthrough in the enterprise device market designed to drive down the total cost of ownership,” said David Wurster, senior product manager for Windows Embedded at Microsoft. “Windows Embedded platforms are engineered to deliver reliability, security and efficiency to connected devices and intelligent systems across industries, making it the operating system of choice for the Omnii RT15 that shares similar core values.”
Key features of the Omnii RT15
• Industry-leading modular upgradeable design
• Multiple data capture modules – Range of imaging and laser scanners from multiple vendors
• Expanded wireless capabilities – Includes 3.8G HSPA+, 2G EDGE, Bluetooth and 802.11a/b/g/n
• Modular QWERTY numeric keyboard– Easier texting and email communications for mobile workers with 9 different keyboard options
• Extended battery performance – High capacity battery and new architecture enable a continuous run time of 20 hours (including scanning and wireless usage)
• Tools to do the job – Clipboard inspired stylus and flexible vehicle cradle design for installation in transport trucks and delivery vans
• Rugged design – Certified for IP65 with a drop rating of 1.8 meters
• Omnii platform compatibility - All accessories, docking units and modules are compatible with the XT15
“The Omnii RT15 is an important addition to our portfolio of handheld devices, and clearly shows how Psion’s modular Omnii platform enables us to bring new models to market quickly in response to customer input,” said Ron Caines, President of Worldwide Sales and Service at Psion. “The combination of the Omnii modular platform, working together with Microsoft and the adaptable nature of the devices enables us to deliver exceptional value in terms of lower total cost of ownership.”
The Psion Omnii RT15 is now available to order in all major US and European territories. List prices start at $1,899.
For the full Omnii RT15 press pack, visit: http://community.psion.com/rt15presspack
Psion™, Omnii™ and the Psion logo are trademarks, or registered trademarks, of Psion PLC and subsidiaries.
Psion is a pioneer in quality mobile handheld computers and their application in industrial markets around the world. We’ve innovated in the field of mobile computing since 1980, starting with the invention of the PDA; through to helping our global customers solve their business problems today. Our clients include Volkswagen, RWE nPower, E.ON, BMW, Goodyear, Copenhagen Airports, and many others.
Through our open innovation business model, we have the ability to work directly with our customers and partners to co-create new variants of our mobile hardware, software and services that meet the specific needs of the marketplace. This collaboration is made possible by our open innovation community site, www.ingenuityworking.com.
Psion PLC is a public company on the London Stock Exchange. It is headquartered in London with corporate offices located in Europe, North America, Asia, Latin America, Africa and the Middle East.
For more information, visit: www.psion.com