Zebra Technologies Expands Retail Offerings with Release of QLn220 Mobile Printer During NRF Annual Convention
From mobility and self-service to price management and inventory accuracy, Zebra's breadth of products and partnerships enable retailers to optimize operations and build customer loyalty
Lincolnshire, IL, Jan. 16, 2012 - Zebra Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ: ZBRA), a recognized global leader in real-time enabling technologies that extend visibility into business operations, today announced the release of its QLn220 mobile printer at the NRF 101st Annual Convention and Expo (booth #2205). Printing 2-inch labels for retail applications such as shelf-edge, price and return labeling where a smaller format is preferred, the QLn220 adds to Zebra's breadth of products that allow retailers to streamline operations and improve the customer experience.
The QLn220 is a new addition to the QLn™ mobile printer family unveiled in June 2011. The entire QLn product line will soon offer enhanced features to provide increased efficiencies and better serve multi-national customers, including:
- Zebra Global Printing Solution makes the QLn mobile printers the first to offer right-to-left printing capabilities, giving companies around the world the option to print in many languages.
- Zebra Basic Interpreter, a powerful programming language, allows the QLn products to support standalone applications and connect to peripheral devices, providing more flexibility and supporting customers' growing business and operational requirements.
"We will continue to provide the most innovative features necessary to meet the changing needs of our customer base," said Scott Lane, product manager at Zebra Technologies. "For example, later in 2012, the QLn will offer new wireless radio technology, 802.11n, increasing overall efficiency and productivity for our customers."
Also at NRF, Zebra and its partners are demonstrating a wide array of solutions for the retail industry at booth #2205:
- Mobile point-of-sale solutions offer quick and easy checkout to improve the customer experience
- Self-service kiosk solutions empower customers and help retailers become more profitable
- Price management applications deliver improved accuracy and greater efficiency
- Consumer loyalty applications help retailers increase repeat customers, resulting in higher sales
- RFID inventory accuracy solutions improve visibility and the customer experience
- Back-of-store receiving and inventory applications streamline operations and increase productivity
"We are committed to helping retailers drive customer loyalty through leaner operations," said Dean Sanders, director of industry sales at Zebra. "Retail is one of Zebra's key focus areas and we are continuing to work with our existing partners, as well as identifying new partners, to provide innovative solutions that deliver measurable results for our customers."
In conjunction with the show, Zebra also announced a cooperative relationship and licensing agreement with OATSystems, a division of Checkpoint Systems, Inc. (NYSE: CKP), which furthers its offerings for retail. Bringing together Zebra's active location solutions with OATSystems' passive radio-frequency identification (RFID), auto-identification (auto-ID) and sensor capabilities will give customers in key industries, including retail, increased visibility of their assets across the enterprise.
Download the PDF here.
About Zebra Technologies
A global leader respected for innovation and reliability, Zebra Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ: ZBRA) provides enabling technologies that allow customers to take smarter actions. Our extensive portfolio of barcode, receipt, card, kiosk and RFID printers and supplies, as well as real-time location solutions give a digital voice to assets, people and transactions that provides greater visibility into mission-critical information.
For more information about Zebra's solutions, visit http://www.zebra.com.