Zebra supports digitalization of United Arab Emirates’ first specialized rehabilitation hospital
DUBAI, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES - April 3, 2018 – Zebra Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ: ZBRA), the market leader in rugged mobile computers, barcode scanners and barcode printers enhanced with software and services to enable real-time enterprise visibility, is collaborating with Capital Health to provide a comprehensive portfolio of advanced patient identification solutions to support the digitization of Capital Health’s new Specialized Rehabilitation Hospital (SRH) in Abu Dhabi.
Zebra will provide a broad range of healthcare solutions including Zebra DS6878-HC scanners, HC100 printers and Z-Band® UltraSoft wristbands. They will be used across the hospital functions from admissions to the patient bedside to ensure accuracy and efficiency, and enhance patient safety and care.
- The new SRH is purposely designed with the intention of creating a fully digital, connected hospital to enhance patient care and increase the efficiency of the clinical team, freeing more of their time to focus on patients.
- The specialty hospital will provide acute, long-term rehabilitation and care along with inpatient, outpatient as well as home health capabilities.
- SRH will cater to an increasing number of patients in the UAE who require specialized care; speech, physical and occupational therapy; intensive care; outpatient, home health rehabilitation services; advanced diagnostics and therapy for adults and children.
- The new hospital will provide local care to UAE nationals and expatriate residents, visitors and regional patients and will act as a high quality option to those seeking care overseas.
- All patients will be provided with Z-Band® UltraSoft wristband upon check-in, improving patient comfort, reducing medical errors, workflow and streamlining admissions processes and ensuring they receive the right care at the right time.
Harun Jaradat, Director of Information Technology, Capital Health
“The new Specialized Rehabilitation Hospital will help meet the local and regional demands for highly specialized therapy for trauma patients, those living with disabilities and chronic medical conditions as well as individuals who need a level of care which is not currently available in a single facility in the UAE. Our work with Zebra supports our journey toward a fully digital hospital with a focus on patient identification and safety.”
Thamer Nouri, Business Development Manager, Zebra Technologies Middle East
“The UAE public and private healthcare sector is undergoing a digital transformation. Accurate patient identification underpins the quality and efficiency of care and safety of patients. We have worked closely with Specialized Rehabilitation Hospital’s management in implementing our patient ID solutions across the future hospital’s entire operations, supporting the team’s digitization objectives to give them a performance edge.”
With the unparalleled operational visibility Zebra (NASDAQ: ZBRA) provides, enterprises become as smart and connected as the world we live in. Real-time information – gleaned from visionary solutions including hardware, software and services – give organizations the competitive edge they need to simplify operations, know more about their businesses and customers and empower their mobile workers to succeed in today’s data-centric world. For more information, visit www.zebra.com or sign up for our news alerts. Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
+33 (0) 607 956 184
Industry Analyst Contact:
# # #
ZEBRA and the stylized Zebra head are trademarks of ZIH Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2018 ZIH Corp. and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.