Company recognized with “Best Overall mHealth Hardware Solution” and “Best Healthcare Network Security Solution” awards
LINCOLNSHIRE, Ill., June 11, 2018 – Zebra Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ: ZBRA), the market leader in rugged mobile computers, barcode scanners and barcode printers enhanced with software and services to enable real-time enterprise visibility, today announced that it has been selected as the winner of two awards from MedTech Breakthrough, an independent organization that recognizes the top companies, technologies and products in the global healthcare and medical technology market.
Zebra Technologies was awarded the “Best Overall mHealth Hardware Solution” for the TC51-HC mobile touch computer, and its Lifeguard for Android™ security solution for mobile devices was recognized as the “Best Healthcare Network Security Solution.”
The mission of the MedTech Breakthrough Awards is to honor excellence and recognize the innovation, hard work and success in a range of health and medical technology categories, including robotics, clinical administration, telehealth, patient engagement, electronic health records (EHR), mHealth, medical devices, medical data and many more. This year’s program attracted more than 3,000 nominations from more than 12 countries.
KEY FACTS ON ZEBRA’S AWARD-WINNING SOLUTIONS
- Zebra’s 2022 Hospital Vision Study identified the rising adoption of clinical mobility – the use of mobile devices such as handheld mobile computers, tablets, cordless barcode scanners and mobile printers – in hospitals around the world. 72 percent of surveyed decision-makers say that mobile devices are improving the quality of patient care, giving clinicians actionable intelligence at the bedside with the effect of increasing time with patients and reducing errors.
- Zebra’s Android-based TC51-HC touch computer is as modern and easy to use as consumer smartphones yet is built with medical grade plastics designed to withstand a wide array of aggressive disinfectants commonly used in wipe downs. This eliminates the need to compromise device design for enterprise functionality.
- Healthcare providers rely on the Android-based TC51-HC touch computer to replace multiple devices previously needed to perform tasks such as calling/texting co-workers, receiving calls via PBX, accessing patient records, scanning barcodes and ensuring medication administration accuracy. By consolidating these applications into one device, tasks may be executed with ease and proficiency enabling caregivers to spend more time with patients.
- Through advanced scan technology, the TC51-HC can fast capture barcodes found in pharmacies, labs, and at the point of care regardless of whether they are damaged, dirty or in poor condition – helping improve productivity and efficiency.
- Powered by Zebra’s Mobility DNA™ suite of end user apps, robust administration utilities and app development tools, the TC51-HC includes Workface Connect Push-To-Talk Express (WFC). WFC enables clinicians to perform voice communications over wireless LAN and communicate one-on-one or in groups, allowing them to coordinate and react to changing needs in real time and improve patient care.
- Zebra’s LifeGuard for Android™ is the industry’s first security lifecycle offering that extends the service life of Android-based mobile computers with support that is critical for enterprise deployments.
- LifeGuard for Android, part of Zebra’s Mobility DNA suite and its unique ecosystem of software, helps minimize security risks by providing regular operating system (OS) security updates that extend security support, lower the total cost of ownership and prolong the lifecycle of Zebra mobile computing devices.
James Johnson, Managing Director, MedTech BreakThrough
“Mobility and security are not just minor components of a successful healthcare technology strategy – they are absolutely critical parts for any health or medical technology implementation plan. We are thrilled to recognize Zebra Technologies for its innovations in these critical areas, and we congratulate them on their well-deserved industry recognition in the healthcare industry with our 2018 MedTech Breakthrough Awards program.”
Chris Sullivan, Global Practice Healthcare Lead, Zebra Technologies
“We’re honored to be recognized by the MedTech Breakthrough board for our clinical mobility and security solutions. Zebra is committed to providing purpose-built clinical mobility solutions that enable better care collaboration and communication for enhanced patient care as well as protecting sensitive patient and hospital data.”
With the unparalleled operational visibility Zebra (NASDAQ: ZBRA) provides, enterprises become as smart and connected as the world we live in. Real-time information – gleaned from visionary solutions including hardware, software and services – give organizations the competitive edge they need to simplify operations, know more about their businesses and customers and empower their mobile workers to succeed in today’s data-centric world. For more information, visit www.zebra.com or sign up for our news alerts. Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter Facebook.
About MedTech Breakthrough
The MedTech Breakthrough Awards program, part of the Tech Breakthrough Awards organization, is devoted to honoring excellence in medical and health related technology companies, products and people. The MedTech Breakthrough Awards provide a platform for public recognition around the achievements of breakthrough MedTech companies and products in categories including Patient Engagement, mHealth, Health & Fitness, Clinical Administration, Healthcare IoT, Genomics, Medical Data, Healthcare Cybersecurity and more. For more information visit www.MedTechBreakthrough.com.
Industry Analyst Contact:
ZEBRA and the stylized Zebra head are trademarks of ZIH Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Android is a trademark of Google LLC. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2018 ZIH Corp. and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.