LINCOLNSHIRE, Ill. – Feb. 7, 2018 – Zebra Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ: ZBRA), the market leader in rugged mobile computers, barcode scanners and barcode printers enhanced with software and services to enable real-time enterprise visibility, testified on January 18 at a hearing before the Subcommittee on Digital Commerce and Consumer Protection of the U.S. House Committee on Energy and Commerce. The hearing examined how Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) technologies are affecting the manufacturing industry.
Tom Bianculli, Chief Technology Officer for Zebra Technologies, discussed how manufacturers and their supply chain partners are increasingly recognizing the transformational role of Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) solutions in driving growth and improving performance. The factory of the future needs end-to-end visibility on the plant floor and across the supply chain to improve productivity and increase quality, which is what IIoT uniquely delivers. Zebra is working with companies around the world to provide solutions which yield real-time visibility into their processes, assets and people so that faster – and more informed – decisions can be made to improve performance.
- Zebra’s 2017 Manufacturing Vision Study indicates that 34 percent of companies surveyed expect to achieve a connected factory by 2022.
- While Industry 4.0 and IIoT are transforming the manufacturing sector, the need for quality assurance is driving manufacturing process innovation.
- Manufacturers and suppliers are integrating visibility solutions into their plant floor operations to increase quality, expedite production and reduce costs.
- By deploying advanced technologies to empower workers and decision-making, companies are preparing to realize the smart factory of the future.
- A video replay of the hearing is available at https://energycommerce.house.gov/hearings/disrupter-series-internet-things-manufacturing-innovation. Tom’s testimony begins at 22:40 and questions of the panel begin at 38:52.
Tom Bianculli, Chief Technology Officer, Zebra Technologies
“IIoT presents a transformative opportunity for enterprises of all types and sizes in the U.S. and around the world. The benefits of IIoT-based solutions allow companies to work smarter, enhance productivity, create jobs and improve the overall economy. Zebra is committed to bringing IIoT solutions to companies to help them work better and smarter, giving them a performance edge.”
With the unparalleled operational visibility Zebra (NASDAQ: ZBRA) provides, enterprises become as smart and connected as the world we live in. Real-time information – gleaned from visionary solutions including hardware, software and services – give organizations the competitive edge they need to simplify operations, know more about their businesses and customers and empower their mobile workers to succeed in today’s data-centric world. For more information, visit www.zebra.com or sign up for our news alerts. Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
Therese Van Ryne
Industry Analyst Contact:
# # #
ZEBRA and the stylized Zebra head are trademarks of ZIH Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2018 ZIH Corp. and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.