MC3300 mobile computer and TC20/TC25 rugged smartphone recognized in 60th edition of the annual awards
SINGAPORE – June 5, 2018 – Zebra Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ: ZBRA), the market leader in rugged mobile computers, barcode scanners and barcode printers enhanced with software and services to enable real-time enterprise visibility, announced today that it has won two prizes at Australia’s most prestigious Good Design® Award for outstanding design and innovation in the Product Design Category.
This year marks the 60th anniversary of Good Design Australia, which is well-established as an institution celebrating both design and innovation. The MC3300 mobile computer, and TC20 and TC25 durable mobile computers were two of 536 submissions that met and exceeded the demanding criteria of the jury. The jury consisted of international design experts who assessed 260 shortlisted entries from all around the world.
- The Good Design Awards jury was impressed by the innovative features, design and build of the MC3300 mobile computer, praising its “overall design and build finish.”
- One key design feature of the MC3300 mobile computer is its backwards compatibility to allow Zebra’s customers to upgrade seamlessly by using existing chargers and batteries. The design team also overcame challenges to design a flexible product that can be offered in various form factors and scan engines for varying customer requirements.
- In addition, the design team introduced a more ergonomic brick configuration that reduces stress in the users’ wrists while improving screen visibility. These were validated after rigorous human factors testing.
- The jury lauded both the TC20 mobile computer and TC25 rugged smartphone for having “elegant detailed design and quality manufacturing finish,” going on to call them “the outcome of a solid, good design process” that will improve communications, asset tracking and business efficiencies for enterprises.
- Zebra’s design team tapped into its experience in building award-winning, enterprise-grade mobile devices to introduce solutions that are cost-effective, yet retain the durability and efficiencies of the top-of-the-line Zebra devices.
- The TC20/25 were conceptualized for the Small- and Medium-Business (SMB) segment, and the design team needed to develop them with a familiar user interface, intuitive features, and attractive design. The TC2-series has ergonomic features that reduce fatigue, increase scanning speeds, and durability that has been proven to IP54 standards and 1.2-meter drop tests.
- The TC20 and TC25 have won the Red Dot Design Award for product design, and were also named a “Most Innovative Product” at the prestigious 2018 Logistics Technology (LT) Awards in China earlier this year.
- Last year, Zebra’s rugged DS3600-series scanner won the Good Design Award for its exceptional design.
Curt Croley, Senior Director, Innovation and Design, Zebra Technologies
“We are honored to receive not one – but two – awards at this year’s Good Design Awards. Zebra’s design approach for both the MC3300-series and TC20/TC25-series of mobile computers are grounded in our continued focus around enterprise customer needs. Our design process includes careful study of customer workflows and ergonomic research that results in intuitive products and enables improved productivity for our customers. These Good Design Awards serve as tremendous affirmation of what we do. We will continue innovating and developing new products and solutions that deliver the best results for our customers to empower their frontline workers.”
# # #
With the unparalleled visibility Zebra (NASDAQ: ZBRA) provides, enterprises become as smart and connected as the world we live in. Real-time information – gleaned from visionary solutions including hardware, software and services – gives organizations the competitive edge they need to simplify operations, know more about their businesses and customers, and empower their mobile workers to succeed in today’s data-centric world. For more information, visit www.zebra.com or sign up for our news alerts. Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
+65 6510 2203
# # #
ZEBRA and the stylized Zebra head are trademarks of ZIH Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2018 ZIH Corp. and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.