Zebra developed the world's first XML-enabled RFID smart label printer/encoders to interoperate with SAP AG's Auto-ID Infrastructure. Zebra XML Schema Version 1.2 has been certified by SAP for integration with the SAP Auto-ID Infrastructure, a component of the SAP NetWeaver platform which powers many SAP solutions for RFID data. XML connectivity simplifies RFID smart labeling printing/encoding for customers because they can use the certified interface to output labels on a variety of Zebra printer models directly from their SAP solution, with no middleware required.
For more details on this solution please refer back to AutoID Infrastructure in the SAP NetWeaver section.
Customer benefits include:
- Reduction in system administration and custom programming costs
- Reduction in license fees and hardware requirements
- Complete stored formatting solution
- Only XML variable data sent to printer
- Format changes managed in distributed environment