2824 / 2844 / 3842 Series: Calibrating the Printer (With Video)
Article ID: 14646434
Calibrating the printer to the labels used for printing
Calibration can correct the following sypmtoms:
Calibration ensures correct and consistent positioning of the print on the label and error free printing.
Important: All printer settings can be impacted by commands sent from a mis-matched or mis-configured driver or software application. If the printer is functioning fine after setup but fails or indicates an error after label requests are received it is most likely affected by the host side mis-configuration of the driver or printer software settings. The host device that generates the printer commands for printing typically include printer command configurations. Assure all settings on your host driver or application match the functioning printer settings to avoid intermittent issues.
1. Determine the media type you are using in the printer. It can be non-continuous gap or have a centered hole that is used for sensing, media with a black mark on the backing, or continuous journal media with no sensing items to determine top of form. For details on media types Read More>>
2. Load the media (and ribbon if used) in the printer
3. Assure the Driver or Application that is used with the printer is set for the media you are using and run AutoSense.
Perform Autosense to allow the printer to measure label length.
Auto Sense Procedure
1. Make sure you have configured your driver or application for the media type you are using. Gap/Web or Black Bar (Mark). Send a test print to the printer before proceding so it is properly configured. Note: You can only send data when the button is green so cycle power if the printer button is red.
The printer should feed one label each time you press the Feed Button. If one label is issued each time you press the Feed Button the printer has been properly calibrated.
If the printer issues multiple labels when printing then assure your label setup for printing is set to the correct label size. If it is longer than the calibrated length the printer will print additional labels attempting to print the complete image. Allow for a small dead band if this is occurring by shortening your driver/software label size.
+ Product Codes
- 2824 Series Desktop Printers