28xx/38xx Series - Cutter option setup and issues
Article ID: 81584036
Topic or Information
Cutter Option Details
How to use the cutter
LP2844, TLP2844, TLP3842
The cutter option is used to automatically cut labels after printing. The cutting should be enabled by your Driver or Software configuration. There should be a setting that refers to Cutter in the setup selections. If you are using direct EPL Programming the EPL command OC is used to enable the cutter.
If the printer is not cutting labels verify that the cutter is enabled by performing an Autosense routine to check the printers internal settings. On the printout, under Options:, there should be a C listed to indicate the cutter is enabled. If your utility or driver includes configuration of a batch cut value make sure it is not set to zero.
See the Autosense printout details Read More>>
If you observe the printer is not set to cutter (there is no C in the Options list) verify your Driver or Application settings to assure the Cutter is selected.
Example of an AutoSense Print Out - Note the C under Option
UKQ1935 U V4.70.1C
The most common issue with the cutter occurs when the labels are repeatedly being cut through the adhesive. This results in label jamming as the glue builds up on the cutter.
Viewing the printer configuration Read More>>
Configuring the printer using the Zebra Setup Utility Read More>>
Configuring the printer using the ZebraDesigner Driver Read More>>
Auto Sense Procedure
1. Make sure you have configured your driver or application for the media type you are using. Gap/Web or Black Bar (Mark). Send a test print to the printer before proceeding so it is properly configured. Note: You can only send data when the button is green so cycle power if the printer button is red.
2 Turn off printer and have media loaded
3. Hold feed button down, and turn printer back on
4. When the red light starts flashing, release the feed button.
5. Printer light will turn green and advance a few blanks.
6. After printer stops advancing and prints the internal information, press the feed button one time.
7. You will get another label with the "Out of Dump" message on it.
The printer should feed one label each time you press the Feed Button. If one label is issued each time you press the Feed Button the printer has been properly calibrated.