Issue / Question
How do I change the Wired TCP/IP settings through the ZT410 / ZT420 LCD Menu of the printer?
ZT410 & ZT420 Printer using an Ethernet Connection
Resolution / Answer
The following step can be used to change the Wired TCP/IP settings through the LCD Menu of the printer.
The printer's default setting is to get the Wired TCP/IP settings from DHCP. The setting for IP Protocol must be changed from All to Permanent, in order to assign the address settings manually.
||NOTE There must be a live network connection for a wired print server option to be active.
1. Press Left Select to go to the printer’s Home menu.
2. Then press the Right Arrow to scroll to the Network menu section (top row, the third icon from the left, in the red box of the above picture). Once the Network Menu is highlighted, press OK.
3. Now, press the Right Arrow to scroll to the Wired IP Protocol setting. Then press the Up Arrow to change the setting from All to Permanent.
4. Then press the Left or Right Arrow to scroll through the menu to change the TCP/IP settings as needed:
- Wired IP Address
- Wired Subnet Mask
- Wired Gateway
5. The next step is to press the Right Arrow to scroll to Reset Network. Then press the Left Select button to Reset the print server.
The print server will reset and the new network settings should be active afterward. The Network Status LED should turn solid Green. There is no need to power cycle the printer.