Issue / Question
What do I do when the status light is flashing / blinking red?
Resolution / Answer
The status indicator light is located on the feed button and indicates the current status of the printer.
Flashing Red The media is out.
- Follow the instructions for Loading Roll Media , and then press the Feed button to resume printing. Read More>>
- Calibrate the printer Read More>>
Flashing Red The ribbon is out. (Does not apply to Direct Thermal models)
- The printer has sensed the end of the ribbon roll. Replace the ribbon. Read More>>
- Assure the ribbon is fitting into the slots on the spindle hubs. If it is slipping or the hub is allowed to stall the printer will go into a ribbon out error
Flashing Red The printhead is open.
- Close the top cover and then press the Feed button to resume printing.
- Make sure the printhead is latched on both side