Issue / Question
How should the media (label) roll be loaded in to the GK888 printer/
Resolution / Answer
When you load media, you must place the roll onto the media hangers.
You must use the correct media for the type of printing you require.
Whether your roll media is inside or outside wound, you load it into the printer the same way.
• Remove the outside length of media. During shipment, handling, or storage, the roll may become dirty or dusty. Removing the outside length of media avoids dragging adhesive or dirty media between the printhead and platen.
Placing the Roll in the Media Compartment
1. Open the printer. Remember that you need to pull the release latch levers toward the front of the printer.
2. Open the media guides by turning the media guide adjustment knob towards the rear of the printer.
3. Open the media roll holders. Pull the media guides open with your free hand and place the media roll on the roll holders and release the guides. Orient the media roll so that its printing surface will face up as it passes over the platen (drive) roller.
4. Pull the media so that it extends out of the front of the printer. Verify the roll turns freely. The roll must not sit in the bottom of the media compartment. Verify that the media’s printing surface is facing up.
5. Push the media under both of the media guides. Close the media guides by turning the media guide adjustment knob to the front. The guides should just touch, but not restrict, the edges of the media.
6. Unless you need to load transfer ribbon, close the top cover. Remember that you need to release the cover lock, lower the top cover, and press down until the latches snap into place.
7. If printer power is on, press the Feed Button to feed media.
For further details about using the GK888 printer, please see the below GK888 User Guides:-
GK888d User Guide (English)
GK888t User Guide (English)
GK888d User Guide (Chinese)
GK888t User Guide (Chinese)