How do you replace the label roll on the GT800 printer?
Resolution / Answer
During shipment, handling, or storage, the roll may become dirty or dusty.Whether your roll media is inside or outside wound, you load it into the printer the same way.
• Remove the outside length of media. Removing the outside length of media avoids dragging adhesive or dirty media between the printhead and platen.
• Whether your roll media is inside or outside wound, you load it into the printer the same way - the print surface faces up.
Preparing for Label Media
Verify that the movable black mark sensor is aligned in the center default position. This is the standard operating position for media sensing. When the sensor is moved away from the default label web (gap) sensing area, the printer will only detect black mark and die-cut notched media when aligned properly. See Using the Movable Black Mark Sensor on page 44 for using black mark or non-typical media.
Placing the Roll in the Media Compartment
1. Open the printer. Remember that you need to pull the release latch levers toward the front of the printer.
2. Open the media roll holders. Pull the media guides open with your free hand and place the media roll on the roll holders and release the guides. Orient the media roll so that its printing surface will face up as it passes over the platen (drive) roller.
3. Pull the media so that it extends out of the front of the printer. Verify the roll turns freely. The roll must not sit in the bottom of the media compartment. Verify that media’s printing surface is facing up.
4. Push the media under both of the media guides.
5. Unless you need to load transfer ribbon, close the top cover.
6. If printer power is on, press the Feed Button to feed media. Otherwise, wait to turn on the printer and complete the printer ‘Getting Started’ instructions in this chapter.