Issue / Question
How do I print from MS Word?
Zebra Label printers controlled via the ZDesigner Driver
Resolution / Answer
Note: The preferred method to design labels is via label design software.
Zebra's ZebraDesigner is free label design software that can be used for this purpose Download>>
There are several methods to print a word document on a Zebra printer.
In this guide we are using Zebra's ZDesigner driver.
This driver is supplied with the printer on a CD and is also available on the support and downloads page of www.zebra.com/support
It is a best practice to install the latest version of the driver before switching the printer on.
Once the driver has been installed, it needs to be setup for the label that is being used Read More>>
Once this has been completed a test page can be printed from the driver's Properties:
If nothing is printing
- Verify if the printer is in a ready state, correct the issue if need be
- Check the (cable) connection
- Check if the correct driver was selected and that is is not offline
Once all has been set we can go to MS Word.
Note: I am using Word 365; there might be differences in the appearance and locations of settings.
By default word will open an A4 sized document, we need to scale the page to match the label in our printer.
- Open the View tab, click size and select a matching size; if there are no matches click "More Paper Sizes..."
After the size has been set correct, we need to change the margins
- On the View tab, click Margins and select "Custom Margins"
- Change the top,bottom,left and right margins to 0 - click OK and Ignore the error message
Now the page is ready to be populated with the content that you wish to print:
Once the design is ready click File > Print > then select the ZDesigner driver > if all looks to be correct click print:
This is the result: