Issue / Question
How do I print from MS Word?
Zebra Label printers controlled via the ZDesigner Driver
Resolution / Answer
||NOTE The preferred method to design labels is via label design software. Zebra’s ZebraDesigner is a free label design software that can be used for this purpose.
Download ZebraDesigner Essentials software.
There are several methods to print a word document on a Zebra printer. In this guide, we are using Zebra's ZDesigner driver. The driver is supplied with the printer on a CD and is also available on the Zebra Support and Downloads page. Install the latest version of the driver before switching the printer on.
Once the driver is installed, it needs to be set up for the label that is being used. Refer to this article for the setup process: Configure or Modify Basic ZebraDesigner Driver Settings Information.
Once the setup process is complete, print a test page from the driver's Properties:
- Select Zdesigner's Properties.
- Click Print Test Page.
- Click OK.
If the test page is not printing:
- Verify if the printer is in a ready state, correct the issue if needed
- Check the cable connection
- Ensure to select the correct driver and that it is not offline
Once you have completed the steps above, proceed to MS Word.
||NOTE This article will be demonstrated using Word 365. There might be differences in the appearance and locations of settings.
By default, Word 365 will open an A4 sized document, scale the page to match the label in your printer.
- Click on the Layout tab, click Size to select a matching size. For more options, click More Paper Sizes...
- To change the margins, perform the steps below:
- From the Layout tab, click Margins and select Custom Margins.
- Set the Top, Bottom, Left, and Right margins to 0.
- Click OK.
Now, the page is ready to print:
- Once the design is ready click File, click Print and then select the ZDesigner driver. If all details are correct, click Print:
This will be the result after printing: