Issue / Question
ZC printer cards not feeding and showing a "Card Feeding Failed" error.
ZC100, ZC300, ZC350
Resolution / Answer
A "Card Feeding Failed" error is triggered when the card is not feeding at the input hopper.
Here are some of the probable causes:
- Check if the cards are stuck together in the input hopper.
- Check if the card pick roller or the entry/exit module is dirty.
- Check if the back surface of the card is too slick for the card pick roller.
Here are the ZC card compatibility specifications (if you are not using Zebra Cards):
- Card thickness: 10 - 40 mil
- Card size: CR80 ISO 7810 ID-1 format, CR79
- Card material: PVC and PVC composite
- Adhesive back and writeable back cards
- Spot color or monochrome printing only on <20 mil thick cards and CR79 cards
||NOTE For optimum print quality and printer performance, the use of genuine Zebra supplies is recommended.
Here are some recommendations that you could do:
- Verify that the cards are within the specifications stated above (especially if the cards are not genuine Zebra cards). If the error persists, try using a Zebra card to verify that the printer is working as intended.
- Clean the printer. View the "ZC100/300 Series How To: Cleaning the Printer" video to learn more.
- Clean the pick roller with an alcohol swab.
- Verify that the cleaning core on the ribbon is properly seated with the ribbon cartridge.