Issue / Question
ZC Printer Cards not feeding and showing "Card Feeding Failed"
ZC100, ZC300, ZC350
Resolution / Answer
This happen when the Card is not feeding at the the input hopper. When this happen, an error "Card Feeding Failed" will be triggered.
Here are some of the probable cause:
- Check if the cards are stuck together in the input hopper.
- Check if Card Pick roller or the Entry/exit module could be dirty
- Check if the back surface of the card is it too slick for the card pick roller.
Here are the ZC Card Compatibility (if you are not using Zebra Card):
Card Thickness: 10 -40 mil
Card Size : CR80 ISO 7810 ID-1 format, CR79
Card Material : PVC and PVC composite
Adhesive back and writeable back cards
Spot color or Monochrome printing only on < 20 Mil thick cards and CR79 Cards
NOTE: For Optimum Print Quality and printer performance, use of Genuine Zebra Supplies is recommended
Here are something you could do
1. Check if the card especially if it is not Zebra Genuie card are within specs given above. If you still cannot, try using zebra card to check if the printer is working.
2. Clean the printer. View the Cleaning video here
3. Clean the pick roller with Alcohol Swab
4. Check cleaning core on the ribbon is it properly seated with the ribbon cartridge.