Issue / Question
How to upgrade the firmware of ZC100, ZC300, and ZC350?
ZC100, ZC300, ZC350 card printer
Resolution / Answer
Users may need to update the firmware for the following reasons:
- Enable certain features in the printer's interface
- Correct hardware or software issues
- Proactively avoid firmware corrected issues
1. Download the latest firmware from www.zebra.com.
2. Select the printer model
and select the latest firmware
for the printer. For example:
3. Open the Printing Preferences Control Panel.
- For Windows 7:
- Click Start, then click on Devices and Printers.
- Right-click on the Zebra ZCXXX Card Printer and select Printing preferences from the pop-up menu.
- For Windows 8:
- Press Windows + I and select Control Panel from the pop-up menu.
- Select Hardware and Sound, then select Devices and Printers.
- Right-click on the Zebra ZCXXX Card Printer, and select Printing preferences from the pop-up menu
- For Windows 10:
- Press Windows + I and select Devices, then select Printers and Scanners.
- Select the Zebra ZCXXX Card Printer and click Manage, and then select Printing preferences.
4. The Printer Printing Preferences
window will open, click on Advanced Settings
, then click Firmware and Settings
5. The current version of the firmware can be seen as below:
6. Click on the
), locate the file where you downloaded the new firmware version and click on Open
, then click
7. You will see the screen below, click OK
8. Click OK
9. The firmware upgrading process will start.
|WARNING! Do not turn off printer power during a firmware upgrade or serious damage to the printer may occur. The printer will automatically reboot at the end of the upgrade process.
Once the firmware update is successful, the newer version of firmware will show as such: