Issue / Question
How to load the ribbon rolls into the ZD888 Thermal Transfer printer.
ZD888 Thermal Transfer printer.
Resolution / Answer
The thermal transfer printers have a flexible ribbon system. It supports 74 meter and 300 meter genuine Zebra® ribbons.
The printer includes 300 meter ribbon adapters for non-Zebra ribbon rolls. 74 meter ribbon from non-Zebra printers does not need the Non-Zebra ribbon adapters to operate properly.
Transfer ribbons come in several varieties and in some cases colors to match your application needs.
Genuine Zebra® transfer ribbons are specifically designed for your printer and Zebra brand media.
Using non-Zebra media or ribbons not approved for use in your Zebra® printer may damage your printer or printhead.
- The media and ribbon types should be matched to provide you with optimal print results.
- Always use ribbon that is wider than the media to protect the printhead from wear.
- For direct thermal printing, do not load ribbon in the printer.
- Always use an empty ribbon core that matches your transfer ribbon roll’s inner diameter (I.D.).
- Ribbon wrinkling and other print problems can occur.
Your printer needs to use genuine Zebra® ribbons that have a ribbon out trailer (reflector) to stop printing when roll of transfer ribbon has been used up.
Genuine Zebra® ribbons and ribbon cores also include notches used to maintain positive ribbon roll engagement and drive without slipping while printing.
For step by step instructions and diagrams on how to load ribbon into a ZD888 Thermal Transfer printer, please click here>>
For transfer ribbon rolls and other printing supplies, please see our supplies website for more details.