Issue / Question
How is the SmartCal Media Calibration performed?
ZD888 Thermal Transfer and ZD888 Direct Thermal printers
Resolution / Answer
The ZD888 printer needs to set the media parameters prior to printing for optimal operation. The printer will automatically determine media type (web/gap, black mark/notch, or continuous) and measure media characteristics.
Important • After the initial calibration to a specific media is completed, it is not required to perform additional calibrations each time the media is replaced. The printer automatically measures the media to adjust for small changes in the media characteristics while printing.
Pressing the FEED (Advance) once or twice after a new roll of media (same batch) has been installed will synchronize the labels. It is then ready to continue printing.
1. Make sure the media and ribbon (if you are thermal transfer printing) are loaded properly in the printer and the top cover of the printer is closed.
2. Press the POWER button to turn the printer on.
3. Once the printer is in the Ready state (Status Indicator is solid green), press and hold the FEED button for two (2) seconds and the Status Indicator flashes the first time. Continue to hold the FEED button until it has flashed 2 more times and immediately release the FEED button.
4. The printer will measure a few labels and adjust media sensing levels.
5. When the printer stops, the Status indicator will turn solid green.