CardStudio allows you to connect directly to a text file (*.asc, *.csv, *tab or *.txt), which are ASCII text files with data sets in individual lines and fields separated by comma, tab or custom delimiter. This type of file are read only, you cannot use CardStudio to edit data.
CardStudio Standard and Professional Software
Connecting to a Internal Text data source in CardStudio
1. From the Database menu, choose Connect
2. The Select Database Source dialog box appears
3. Select Card Software Text Data Source.
4. Click Next to continue.
5. The Select Text Data Source Dialog Box appears
6. Select the file you want to work with. If you don't see the file you want, use the Browse button to locate the file.
7. Click Next to continue
8. The Define Internal File Format dialog box appears.
9. Make sure all the setting are correct
- Selected File - Specifies the selected text file
- Has Column Header check box - Specifies weather the columns of the selected table first row will be used as a column names.
- Format - List all the available formats:
o Comma Separated Values
o Tab Separated Values
o " Pipe" Separated values
o Custom Defined ( If Custom Defined is Selected, specify the type of delimiter used.)
- Delimiter - The custom delimiter character to be used to separate columns. Must be only one character in length, and double quotation marks (") cannot be used. This option is enabled when Custom Defined is selected from the Format list box.
- Columns - Lists the column names for each column in the table selected in the Selected File and reflects the order of the columns in the table.
- Name - Displays the name of the selected column. Can be used to specify a new column name for an existing column.
- Data Type - Display the data type
- Width - The width of the column
10. Click Finish to open the table.
Download CardStudio Software Read More>>