Issue / Question
Color matching issues are sometimes encountered when printing.
ZXP Series 8 Card Printers
Resolution / Answer
When printing color images, we sometimes get a color that is different from the color displayed on the monitor. This typically happens for just a certain range of colors.
A Color Profile can be added to the printer’s Windows driver in the Color Management Tab, which may get the printer’s output closer to the desired color. When needed, color profiles for Zebra card printers can be requested from Technical Support.
Follow the steps provided below to install the color profiles:
- Right-click on the color profile (*.icm or*.icc) file, and select the Install Profile option.
- Click Windows Start > Settings > Printers and Scanners (Windows 10) or Printers and Faxes (Windows XP), or Start > Devices and Printers (Windows 7).
- Right-click the card printer and select Properties (Windows 7) or click on the card printer and select Manage and then select Printer Properties (Windows 10).
- Select the Color Management tab.
- Select your printer as the Device and select the box Use my settings for this device.
- Select Manual option under Profile Selection and then click the Add button.
- Select the installed profile.
- Click the Set as Default profile button, and click Apply & Close.