The purpose of this document is to illustrate the meaning of the Ethernet status indicators and possible troubleshooting
- ZXP Series 1 and Series 3 with Ethernet option
- ZXP Series 7 and Series 8 with Ethernet option
Zebra ZXP Series Card Printers come with a built-in 10/100 base print server. This connectivity option is standard on ZXP Series 7 and Series 8 models, but optional on ZXP Series 1 and Series 3 models.
The Ethernet adapter has indicator lights which display the operational status. These lights may mean the following:
For ZXP Series 1 and Series 3:
For ZXP Series 7 and Series 8:
If both LEDs (ZXP7 / ZXP8) or the Link LED (ZXP1 / ZXP3) are off, the printer has not detected the presence of a network cable. To solve the problem:
- Verify that the network cable is appropriate and has an RJ-45 connector
- Remove the network cable from the printer. Plug the network cable back in until you hear a positive click. Check the other end of the cable in the same manner. If the printer still does not detect a cable, then continue.
- Connect the printer to a known good network. If the printer is still unable to detect the network cable, contact Technical Support for assistance.