Issue / Question
How to test my Mag encoder option through the ZXP Toolbox?
Zebra ZXP Series 8 card printers with Mag Encoder option
Resolution / Answer
Users may need to test the Mag encoding option for the following reasons:
- To ensure the option works independently on any application.
- Users added the Mag encoder upgrade kit and need to verify the option works.
- Place the card(s) in the printer's hopper as stated by your printer's user's manual. You will need to access the Magnetic Encoding section, under Technology, in the printer's Toolbox. The ZXP Series Toolbox provides advanced configuration capabilities and tools to manage the operation of your printer.
- From Windows XP:
- Go to Start > Settings > Printers and Faxes.
- Right-click on the ZXP Series 8 driver and select Properties > Device Information > ZXP Toolbox.
- From Windows 7:
- Go to the Windows Icon > Devices and Printers.
- Right-click on the ZXP Series 8 driver and select Printer Properties > Device Information > ZXP Toolbox.
- Select any custom settings under the Settings section.
||NOTE Click on the Printing Preferences button, go to Encoding Tab, and select Custom as the Magnetic Encoding Type to enable any custom settings.
- Select the tracks you wish to test and the coercivity type. If you do not know the coercivity for your cards, refer to the Difference Between Encoder Coercivity article for more information.
- Type the information to encode the following ISO standards. For more information, refer to the ISO Standards for Magnetic Encoding on Card Printers article.
- Click Encode to encode the data onto the card.
- To validate the data was encoded properly, place the card at the back in the hopper, clear the track values, and click Read. The values encoded should be displayed on each track.
If you have any problems or questions, please contact Technical Support.