Procedure on how to test your Mag encoder option through the ZXP Toolbox
Zebra ZXP Series 7 Card Printers with Mag Encoder option
- A USB or Network printer driver needs to be installed Read More>>
- High or low coercivity cards
- User may need access from local administrator
Users may need to test the Mag encoding option for the following reasons:
- To make sure the option works independently of any application
- Users added the Mag encoder upgrade kit and need to verify option works
- Place the card(s) in the printer's hopper as stated by you printer's user's manual. You will need to access the Magnetic Encoding section, under Technology, in the printer's Toolbox. The ZXP Series Toolbox provides advanced configuration capabilities and tools to manage the operation of your printer.
- From Windows XP: Go to Start> Settings> Printers and Faxes. Right click on the ZXP Series 8 driver and select Properties> Device Information> ZXP Toolbox.
- From Windows 7: Go to the Windows Icon> Devices and Printers. Right click on the ZXP Series 8 driver and select Printer Properties> Device Information> ZXP Toolbox.
- Select any custom settings under the "Settings" section. Note: You will need to click on the Printing Preferences Button, go into the Encoding Tab, and select Custom as the Magnetic Encoding Type to enable any custom settings.
- Select the tracks you wish to test and the coercivity type. Don't know what coercivity your cards are? Read More>>
- Type the information to encode following ISO standards. Read More>>
- Click Encode to encode the data onto the card.
- To validate the data was encoded properly, place the card back in the hopper, clear the track values, and click Read. The values encoded should be displayed on each track.
If you have any problems or questions, please contact Technical Support.
Victor A SO9122