Issue / Question
How to Auto-Start the Wavelink TE Client?
ES400 ,MC17, MC2100 , MC3000 , MC3100 ,MC35 ,MC45 , MC55 , MC55A0, MC55N0, MC65 , MC67NA , MC70 , MC75 3.5G , MC75A ,MC9090 CE , MC9190, MC9200 , MC9500-K , MK3000, MK3100, MK4000, MK500 , VC5090 , VC6090 , VC70N0, WT4090, WT41N0
Resolution / Answer
Wavelink TE can be launched automatically when a cold or warm boot is performed on a mobile unit simply by installing the StartUpCtl application on the mobile unit and then copying a text file onto the device that has the correct path to the TelnetCE.exe file (the path will be different for CE devices and WM devices).
To install StartUpCtl on a mobile device follow the steps given below
- Download the StartUpCtl installation package from the Zebra support web site
- Run the installation package on the host PC. Follow the installation wizard instructions to successfully install StartUpCtl on the host PC
- Establish a Microsoft ActiveSync® connection between host PC and the mobile device
- On the host PC, go to Start – Programs – StartUpCtl – Install StartUpCtl to mobile device to initiate the automatic installation process
- Follow the installation instructions to successfully install StartUpCtl on the mobile device. The following are saved to the mobile device during the installation
\Application\Startup\StartUpCtl.exe – StartUpCtl executable file
\Application\StartUpCtl\ – Folder containing the files needed by StartUpCtl
To configure Wavelink to Auto-Launch on Reset:
- Download the OnReset.zip file for Windows Mobile (WM) Devices and CE Devices. Download>>
Extract the zip file, then copy the txt file to the "\Application\StartUpCtl\OnReset" folder of the device
Since there will be a default file already on the device make sure to select yes when prompted to overwrite the existing file
- Cold Boot the device to verify that the Wavelink TE Client automatically launches after the Splash Screen closes.
Note: If there is an issuse and the Wavelink TE client does not start after a reboot make sure that the correct file path to the TelnetCE.exe is in the OnReset.txt folder.
TelnetCE.exe is in the OnReset.txt folder.