COM Port Not Available After Closing ActiveSync
Article ID: 84983307
User tried to use SendHex program to send images to device after disabling ActiveSync but COM port was still not available.
Even though ActiveSync is connected, it is still active in the background.
ActiveSync’s wcecomm.exe needs to be stopped from running in the background.
- Select control, alt, delete on your PC’s keyboard.
- Select task list or task manager, depending on your PC’s operating system.
- Select the Processes tab.
- Select the “wcescomm.exe” file.
- Select the “End Process” button.
- Close task manager by selecting the ‘x’ button on top right corner of the manager.