Issue / Question
How to automatically start Ivanti Velocity Client using Enterprise Home Screen (EHS)?
Auto start Velocity Client
Zebra Android devices (ET50, ET55, MC18, MC3300, MC40, MC67NA, MC92N0, TC20, TC25, TC51, TC55, TC56, TC70, TC75, TC70x TC75x, TC8000, VC80x, WT6000)
Resolution / Answer
Ivanti Velocity is an Android client that can connect to Telnet hosts (including IBM 5250/3270 and VT100/220), web apps, and Oracle SIM hosts. For Telnet and Oracle SIM hosts, it can present applications to your users in a modern touch interface, either with automatic, predictive reformatting or with a customized experience. Read More>>
Enterprise Home Screen (EHS) can be use to auto launch an application. for this article, will specify Velocity client to automatically launched after EHS starts up.
1. Locate, open and edit the enterprisehomescreen.xml with a text editor. See Note #1.
2. Enable auto launch. Set <auto_launch_enable> to 1.
3.<auto_launch> section with Velocity client's app package name, 'com.wavelink.velocity'. Read More>>
<application delay="1000" package="com.wavelink.velocity" activity=""/>
4. Save changes. Do NOT change the file name in any way.
5. Replace the enterprisehomescreen.xml with this edited/ updated version. See Note #1.
1. For instructions for retrieving, modifying and deploying EHS config file, click HERE.
2. For help in Android Debug Bridge (adb)setup and configuration, click HERE.
3. To help you determine the app package name, Using ADB to Determine Package Name and Launchable Activity.