Issue / Question
How to Update the CS3070 or CS3000 Firmware?
CS3070 or CS3000
Resolution / Answer
These instructions apply to both the CS3000 and CS3070 scanners.
The term CS30X0 is used to apply to both model numbers.
The latest firmware must be requested from the Zebra Technologies Support Center CS30x0 Support Page.
1. If attached, remove the protective cover from the scanner by using your thumb to move the cover forward until it detaches from the scanner.
2. Connect the mini-USB cable provided in the box with the scanner to the mini-USB port on your scanner and the other end to a PC USB port, as shown below.
(The optional cradle charger accessory can be used in place of the USB cable)
3. Once the scanner is recognized by the PC, “open” it through the PC’s “My Computer” window, similar in the way you would access a flash drive inserted into the PC’s USB port. Typically, the PC’s desktop will have a “My Computer” icon, if not you can press the + [E] keys simultaneously to open the “My Computer” window.
4. Next Open the CS30X0 folder. It will appear as a flash drive on the PC “My Computer” window.
5. Copy or “drag-and-drop” the files “PAABCS00-012-R00B1.bin" and "TAABCS00-004-R00B0.bin" into the CS30X0 folder:
(Note: PAABCS00-012-R00B1.bin and TAABCS00-004-R00B0.bin are current latest software code version posted on Support Central Version 1.02 - Release date: July 2015 . )
6. Disconnect the USB cable from the scanner. The update will not occur until the USB cable is removed from the scanner.
7. The scanner LED blinks red and green. Wait 10 seconds for the update to complete.
8. The LED stops blinking when done.
9. Reconnect USB cable to scanner and connect the cable to the PC.
10. "Open" the CS30X0 device again.
11. Open the Parameters folder.
12. Open the SYSINFO.TXT file to confirm the new firmware version information.
If scanner is unresponsive after performing a live update software download, Please Refer to Release notes document (Hardware/Software Compatibility Table).
See the Troubleshooting table in the Maintenance and Troubleshooting chapter of the latest Product Reference Guide under the Problem column that states
"Scanner is unresponsive after performing a live update software download" for the solution.