Issue / Question
How can I configure a CS4070 to emulate a virtual comport on my Windows computer?
CS4070, BT-CS1-0BR ( USB Bluetooth Dongle)
Resolution / Answer
1. Download and Install the appropriate Zebra USB CDC driver is installed on your Windows computer.
Zebra USB CDC Driver 32 and 64 bit
2. Connect the dongle BT-CS1-0BR to a USB port and confirm that the dongle receives power ( blue LED).
3. Scan " Reset To Factory Defaults".
4. Scan the pairing barcode located on the USB Bluetooth Dongle. You should hear a " warble tone" and then a " chirp" indicating successful pairing.
5. Scan Bluetooth SPP ( Serial Port Profile).
6. Scan Pairing code on the USB Bluetooth dongle a second time and listen again for Warble tone and Chirp pairing tone confirmation.
7. Go into Windows Device Manager> Ports ( Com & LPT)> Zebra CDC Scanner to view the virtual comport assignment. The screen shot shows an example of Comport 9 being assigned.
8. Test scan in an application/utility that can accept data via a com port e.g. HyperTerminal or puTTY
The example screen shot below shows a HyperTerminal session selecting the assigned Comport 9